Eight

Rachel's PoV
We pulled up in front of this mansion. I looked at the guy and he smiled sadly at me. He handed me a gun and I put in the waistband of my jeans and got out of the car. We walked to the front door and the two guards smiled at us.

We walked inside and I saw him standing at the top of the stairs with an evil smile on his face. I glared at him and he made his way down to us.

"Well Rachel, long time no see."
"You have me. Now where's my mother?"
"Release her."

I heard a door open and I turned my head to see mom. She ran towards me and hugged me close.

"Are you okay? Did he hurt you?"
"Ahh, such a sweet family moment. It's such a shame to ruin it though."

I pushed mom behind me and shielded her. I looked up at him to see him pointing a gun at me. I turned my head slightly to look at mom and smiled sadly at her.

"I need you to run. Run as far away as you possibly can. Don't call the police. I'll come find you."
"Bu-"
"No mom. I need you to do this. I promise I'll come and find you afterwards. I love you but please, I need you to be safe."

I looked at the guard and he nodded his head. He took mom's hand and led her outside and I was left alone with him. He still had his gun pointed at me as he walked down the stairs.

"You know, I would kill you right now but something is preventing me from doing so."
"And what's that?"
"You could be a great asset to me. You're pretty and could easily get me what I want from all those old horny bastards I'm working with."
"I'm not working for you."
"Aw, look at you thinking you a choice. Mitchell take her."

He handed the guy his gun and turned away. I turned to the guy I now know as Mitchell. He nodded his head at me and I pulled out my gun and pointed it at him. He turned around and chuckled evilly and Mitchell pointed his gun at me.

"Never underestimate me Miss Rachel. My men would never turn on me. We're all family."

I slowly lowered my gun and closed my eyes. I heard a gunshot and jumped. I opened my eyes and turned look at Mitchell. I turned my head to look at him and saw him laying on the ground with blood gushing out of him. The main doors opened and the guards walked in and smirked.

"Nice shot Mitch. Didn't know you had it in you."
"Where's my mom?"
"Waiting in the car. I'm going to drop you guys back to the jet and take you back to Orlando."
"Thank you."

We all walked outside to the car and I ended up forgetting the gun. Mitchell ran back inside to get it and on his way out I saw him stand up and raise the gun and everything went in slow motion.

"Mitchell!!!"

Mitchell looked at me in confusion and then the gunshot was heard. The guards shot him and he fell the ground and they ran to Mitchell's side. I ran up to Mitchell and he smiled at me.

"Man, I've never loved bulletproof vests more in my life."

I chuckled and pulled him into a hug and he hugged me back. The car door opened and I pulled away from him and looked towards mom. I ran to her and she hugged me close.

"I'm so glad you're okay."
"What happened mom?"
"He just appeared out of thin air and next thing I know I'm waking up in my old bedroom tied to my bed."
"How long ago?"
"Two days."

I hugged her again and then we got into the car. Mitchell drove us back to the jet and we all got on. The journey seemed a lot quicker this time around and by the time I was brought out of my thoughts we were just about to land.

Mitchell drove us back to Ashlyn's and parked outside and none of us moved. Mom looked at me in confusion and I smiled at her.

"Go be with your girlfriend. I hope she's still there."
"Where are you going?"
"I'll be in in a minute. I just need to talk to Mitchell."

She reluctantly got out and walked up to the front door but it had already opened and Tobin hugged mom close. I turned to face Mitchell and he smiled at me sadly.

"What have you got in store now?"
"Firstly I'm going to go home and pack everything before my parents return from Europe next week. I'll see where life takes me then."
"If things get too complicated or you need somewhere to crash, I'll be back to the states in two weeks for preseason. I'll be in New Jersey and if you want, you can enroll at the college there and stay with me until you get back up on your feet."
"Why are you doing this?"
"Because my father stripped you of everything and I want to pay you back by helping you. Here's my number. Please use it."
"I'll be sure to. Thank you Rachel."
"Anytime Mitchell. See you soon."
"Bye."

I gave him the napkin I wrote my number on and got out of the car. I sling my bag over my shoulder and crossed the road and up to the front door where Ali was waiting. I turned back to Mitchel and waved to him as he drove away. I turned back to Ali and she smiled sadly at me.

"You had me worried when you didn't call."
"I thought so, sorry. I haven't had the time. I should probably call the other mother back in the uk to let her know I'm alive."
"That's probably a wise idea. Come on in."

We walked inside and I went straight for the guest bedroom and called mama. She answered on the first ring and I heard crying in the background and I immediately felt guilty for leaving.

Me; Hey.
Mama; Did you get everything sorted?
Me; Well my fathers dead if that's what you mean. I saved my mom and brought her back here to Orlando.
Mama; You killed someone?
Me; No. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I did. One of his men did. They helped me. Look mama, I'm sorry for leaving the way I did but I'll be home in two days. I promise.
Mama; I proud of you Rach. I love you so much.
Me; I love you too mama. See you soon.

I hung up and fell back onto the bed and sighed. I heard the door creak open and lifted my head to see Becky. She stepped in and closed the door behind her. I sat up and she sat next to me and I smiled at her a so pulled her into a hug.

"What are you doing here?"
"Ali called and told me what happened and I wanted to be here for when you got back. What you did was very brave but also very stupid. You put yourself at risk Rach and you could've died with the way Chris is talking. I'm proud that you saved her but Rach you had me so worried. I can't imagine what your family back in the UK are feeling right now."

I looked away from her and leaned my head on her shoulder. She wrapped her arm around me and kissed the top of my head. I let out a shaky breath and Becky's grip tightened around me.

I don't remember much after that because next thing I know I'm waking up in a bed with someone's arms around me. I slowly turned my head to see Hope sound asleep next to me. I smiled softly and snuggled closer into her.

"Morning."
"Nope. We're still asleep. Shh."
"Kel will be in in a few moments."
"And until then we're going to sleep and have an overdue bonding moment while sleeping."
"Fine by me."

I smiled when Hope held me tighter. She ran her hand through my hair and instantly fell back asleep wrapped in her arms. For the first time in a long, long time I felt safe. I was just happy that my family were safe.