Nineteen

Jack's PoV
Bree's been feeling down a lot lately after everything and that I'm leaving in three days with aunt Jill back to England. I wanted to give her a night she'll remember forever.

It took a few days to think about what to get her but I've got the perfect idea. I got in contact with a good friend of mine and she hooked me up with two concert and meet and greet tickets for Bree's favorite band.

I had everything planned out but no one knows about it yet. I walked downstairs to see Bree sitting on the sofa with aunt JJ who flew in yesterday to say goodbye. Bree smiled softly when she saw me and I walked over to her. I knelt down bedside her and handed her the present.

"Whats this?"
"Hopefully a night you'll remember."

She ripped open the present and picked up the T-shirt. She looked at me funnily and I smiled.

"Read the back of it."

She turned the T-shirt around and gasped. She brought buried her face into the T-shirt and cried. Aunt JJ looked at me in confusion and I held up the tickets. She leaned forward and kissed my forehead as she rubbed my cheek.

Bree looked back up at me and I beamed at her. I showed her the tickets but not the meet and greet ones, they're a surprise.

"Come on little one! Get changed!"

She jumped up and ran out of the room. I chuckled and was about to stand up when I was tackled to the ground by her hugging.

"You're the best big brother ever! I love you."
"I love you too but seriously, you need to change. Otherwise we're gonna be late."

I helped her up and she hugged me one last time and ran upstairs. I walked into the kitchen to see them all looking at me. I looked at aunt Jill in confusion and she just smiled.

"What?"
"She's so incredibly lucky to someone like you in her life."
"Yeah well one of us had to do it."

I grabbed two bottles of Gatorade out of the fridge and walked out of the kitchen. Bree was just running down the stairs and I caught her before she fell.

"Are you ready?"
"Yeah. Let me go say goodbye."
"I'll meet you out in the car. I just gotta grab my wallet and keys."

I jogged up the stairs and went into my room. I hid the meet and greet tickets in my wallet and shoved it into my back pocket. I made sure I had the tickets and grabbed my phone and keys. I walked out of my room and down the hall to Bree's and grabbed her selfie stick.

I walked downstairs and saw Bree waiting by the door on her phone. I handed her her selfie stick and she looked at me in confusion.

"Trust me. You'll need it."

She looked at me in a weird way before putting it in her backpack. I opened the front door for her and she beamed. I grabbed the two bottles of Gatorade.

"Bye peeps!"
"Don't wait up!"
"Jack! Wait up!"

We were halfway towards my car when dad came running out. He pulled out his wallet and handed me a $100 in $20 bills. I looked at him in confusion but he just looked at me sadly.

"Whats that for?"
"Buy her anything she wants. I'll pay you back everything if she goes over."
"Money's not gonna buy her back her life Conor."
"Look, I know we've fucked up massively but I want to fix it. Please."

I looked at Bree by the car squealing like a little girl as she looked at the tickets. It made me smile at the sight and I turned back to dad.

"We'll be back late."
"I'll be up. Don't worry."