Twenty

Bree's PoV
You know that feeling where all your thoughts disappear and sleep is only a second away from engulfing you into your dreams? How about when you feel like that and then you're woken up abruptly by the door swinging open? Yeah, not the greatest feeling in the world. 5:30 in the morning and he's only home now?

I looked over my quilt to see Jack standing there with pure anger all over his face. I heard mom, mum and dad all coming towards me room effing and blinding. Jack turned on the light and I hid under my covers only for them to be torn off me.

"You're so selfish you know that? I gave you an experience of a lifetime and you blew it! I had our night all planned out and you just left!"
"Jack O'Brien! Apologize to your sister!"
"Why should I? She's not even my real sister!"

Jack's eyes shot open as he looked at me. I looked at him and I could feel the tears fall down my cheeks. I didn't even bother to wipe them to show him how hurt I was by his comment.

"Bree, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean it li-"

He walked over to the edge of my bed but I crawled away from him. I could see the hurt in his eyes as he sighed and looked away. I saw mom and dad glare at Jack while mum looked at him sympathetically.

"Get out. All of you out."
"Bree."
"No. Get out. I'm so done with all of you."

No one moved so I stood up and grabbed my phone and earphones off the night stand. I grabbed a hoodie and a pair of shoes and pushed past them. I ran down the stairs and out the door and took off running. I plugged in my earphones and blared my music as I ran through town.

I was about to cross the road and looked both ways before walking out. Next thing I know I see people waving hands at me in fear and I turned my head just in time to see a car coming in contact with my body.

Rachel's PoV
It's noon and Bree still isn't back. She's not answering any of our calls or messages and Lucy, Jack and Conor are all out looking for her. My phone started ringing and I immediately answered it without looking at the ID

"Hello?"
"Hello, is this the mother of Bree O'Brien?"
"Yes. I'm her mom. Is Bree okay? Where is she?"
"I'm sorry ma'am but I'm only here to tell you that you need to come down to the general hospital as soon as possible. I'm sorry."
"I'll be right there."

I hung up and jumped up off my seat. The front door opened and in walked all three of them.

"We need to go to the hospital. Somethings after happening to Bree."

All of us rushed out to one of the cars leaving the other two for everyone else. Conor sped towards the hospital snd Lucy was in the passenger seat. Jack was in the back next to and his knee was bouncing like crazy. I reached across and took his hand in mine and to my surprise he squeezed it. I looked up at him and he smiled sadly at before looking back out the window.

We arrived at the hospital in no time and all four of us sprinted in to the reception desk.

"Hi, we're looking for a Bree O'Brien?"
"Uhm... she's still in surgery but she should be done soon. If you could wait in the waiting room the doctor will be out shortly."

We nodded and walked over to the waiting room. Minutes later everyone else arrived and Jill came over and sat next to me. I rested my head on her shoulder and as she rubbed my back.

An hour later a doctor walked in and looked around and then back down at his clipboard.

"Family Of Bree O'Brien?"

We all stood up and the doctor smiled a little. He grabbed a seat and walked over to us and sat down. He crossed his legs and his hands were on his knees. He took off his glasses and put them into his coat.