Part 4

"Marinette!" Alya called as she ran up to Marionette. Alya tightly hugged her best friend. "Are you okay Mari? What happened?" Alya released the hug to look at her best friend's face. She could tell Mari was crying as she guessed but the crying had long stopped.

"I am fine Alya." Marinette sweetly smiled at her. "Adrien may be great but I don't want to cry over him." 

"Oh baby," Alya put her arm around her friend's shoulder. They walked together back to the school.

~

Adrien Agreste-

After transforming back from Chat Noir, Adrien went to class. He was the first one there, except Cloe. Eventually, everyone trickled in after the bell. 

Everyone who walked in didn't glance at him with a smile or wave, they avoided him as much as possible. Marinette and Alya came in last. Alya physically shielded her from him, even Nino begrudgingly sat beside him. 

He felt like the devil, responsible for all human suffering. He tried his best to distract himself by paying attention to the teacher.

All day he could feel Alya's glare into the back of his head. He felt wrong, it was like he subconsciously knew Marinette liked him and he was aware of her quick glances and flustered smiles when he looked over, and he missed it.

He felt guilt build up. Not only was he ignoring her, he totally demolished whatever she felt for him.

Darn it! Why did he have to do that! Their relationship was just fine!

Maybe there was a way Adrien could make it up to her. He thought about gifts or a letter or something but the only thing he thought appropriate would be a visit from the charming Chat Noir. 

~Later that night~

After climbing onto the roof through the latter she fixed her pink pajama shirt. She had patrol that night but wanted to look at the beautiful Paris lights. She leaned on the railing trying to keep the day's drama out of her head. She just finished taking down all his pictures she could find, she knew Adrien's photos would pop up a few times, she has thousands.

"Thinking about me?" Chat Noir suddenly swept down by her leaning in awkwardly close and smirking. Marinette leaned away as reflux as he put his hands next to hers on the railing.