Part 9

(What the frig? people like this? Cool!)

~Adrien

Lunch rolled around and I still haven't apologized to Marinette. Every single time I approached her during or in between classes Alya would pull her away out of my reach. At first, I sat alone but it didn't take long for Chole to come to ruin my mood even more. 

"Hey, Adri-kins!" Chloe ran up and jumped onto my back, ramming my chest into my home-packed meal.

"Chloe!" I exclaimed as a cucumber stuck to the front of my shirt. "leave me alone for once will you?" She rubbed her head against my shoulder like a dog in need of attention. She ignored what I had to say and sat down beside me so I sighed in defeat and kept eating.

~Marinette

Despite his bright blue hair, I couldn't find Luka right away. I sat on my usual bench with Alya and unpacked my lunch. I scanned the crowd for Luka multiple times but what caused me to find him was a familiar tune. 

The same tune he told me was my "heart song" or whatever- or maybe I was misremembering it. He wouldn't play it for someone else, right?

Following the sound, I came upon a table of upperclassmen, Luka's friend group, by the looks of it. 

Luka was making eye contact with an older student as he strummed his guitar. She had been akumatized before, but I couldn't recall her name. Either way, she was really pretty with her spiked piercings and pink dyed hair, fishnets hugged her chubby legs.

In fact, the entire group of students were all insanely attractive, making my pace slow as I progressively walked closer, my face heating up in embarrassment. 

"Luka?" I asked quietly

"Oh hey, Marinette! What's up?" He put his Guitar to the side his and looked at me with his full attention, the same way Chat did- the same way Adrien never did. My ears burned as my blush got worse

"H-hey Luka c-can i eat Lunch with you?" I asked nervously, "I-if you aren't already busy."

Why the hell was I so nervous? It's just Chat!

"Well, I hate to break it to you, but you're the same age as my sister. It's just kinda weird. I think we are better off friends." Luka told me with an apologetic smile and a shrug. 

Okay, so, maybe I kinda- jumped the gun a little bit with these Luka=Chat Noir theories. Really, It would honestly be so nice if the ground could do me a favor and swallow me up right now. This is just fantastic.

Chat would never reject a girl like that- he'd be all "Oh, princess I'm flattered" or whatever about it. He certainly (hopefully) wouldn't reject me like that, not after months of flirting and chivalry. 

"Y-yeah I was thinking that too. Sorry to make it awkward." I said with probably the awkwardest damn smile in the world, blood rushing in my ears. This time I didn't cry, though I might--later. I walked away with a little wave and sat back by Alya. 

Alya accepted me with open arms, embracing me right away. "Maybe you should keep away from dating for a bit, okay?" Alya suggested as she let go.

"Yeah. I will."

( thank you for reading, seeing fun or supportive comments makes me so happy!)