Part 17

"I've got it!" Chat Noir exclaimed. He looked at Ladybug who imediantly gave her attention to him. "m-la" Chat Noir stopped himself from saying M'lady like normal. It was strange but he knew she wouldn't appreciate it. "Ladybug, I need to get to hawkmoth." He waved away an akuma that was getting close to him. "I think I have an idea." he looked back to the group who were eagerly waiting.

He explained his idea to the group. It was risky but it was their only feasible plan.

~

The group simultaneously jumped in front of Hawkmoth they split up once he sent the thousands of dark purple and black akumas after them. He chased the group around until they were all swarmed.

He smirked and released the akumas but nothing was there. He almost cursed aloud. Once again he was fooled by the illusions of the fox miraculous again.

"Father!" Hawkmoth turned around very quickly "Adrien? What are you doing here" as he spun around he saw instead of his saw Chat Noir. He had once accused him of being his son. At the time it seemed like irrefutable evidence that he wasn't Chat Noir but now he had no choice but to believe that his sons voice just came from the so called hero.

"Father, you need to stop this. It's gone too far. Is your life worth the power? Is my life worth the power?" Adrien asked trying to convince his father to stop. Hawkmoth stared at his son with betrayal ridden on his face.

"You don't understand, Adrien." He shouted over the sound of the flapping akumas. They parted for the two, particularly around Chat Noir. "This is bigger than power. You will not get why I need this, and you never will." He dramatically swooped out his arm as if creating an invisible barrier between him and his offspring.

Chat Noir gave the verbal command and untransformed. Plagg flew behind Adrien.

Adrien tried not to cry as he spoke to his father. "Can we please stop the fighting and being cold to each other." He stepped one step to his father. "I just want to be a normal family why can't we have that?" He stepped another step closer.

Gabriel didn't move too stunned to back away like he was attempting to do. "Adrien, go back home. I don't want to have to akumatize you."

"You don't have to Akumatize anyone! You're better than this." Adrien felt tears falling out of his eyes he and his father were now only a foot or less apart. He quickly hugged his father who, despite what they predicted, hugged his son tightly.

"Now."
"CATACLYSM" screamed a shrill but also somehow very male voice the small black Kwami had a tight grip on Gabriel's miraculous black cracks formed in the butterfly shape. And akuma flew out of the Miraculous and Gabriel fell to the floor. He clutched his miraculous as it fell apart.

Ladybug jumped down off the nearest building and collected the Akuma then any other near ones that she could see. She quickly purified and let them go the continued to collect more while Gabriel untransformed back to his normal self.
His chest wasn't rising and falling, he was completely limp, and he had his eyes and mouth still stuck open. "Father!" Adrien kneeled next to him and clutched his hand.

Gabriel gasped and and pulled his hand from Adriens grip slowly. "You're, not my son."