Chapter 10

Caitlyn POV

As we walked into their condo I was filled with the familiar smell of cinnamon and pool water. A weird combination, but all the same it was perfect because it gave me happy thoughts about Cole.

We all piled into John Stephens rental car. It was a hideous looking van, but that's the only thing that all of us would fit in. Makinley sat up front so she could help him with the directions, Baylor and Cole were in the middle and me and Grace were squished in the back.

As we pulled out of the parking lot Grace leaned over and whispered, so no one else could hear us.

I nodded, pulled out my phone and turned the video on. She counted to three on her fingers. When her third finger went down she leaned over the seat, pretended to sneeze and flung water all over Baylor's face. I've got to give it to her that sneeze was pretty convincing. It proved my point when John Stephen said 'Bless you' from the front seat, having no clue that it was fake.

Baylor turned around and snapped a picture of Grace when she was laughing her head off and accidentally hit her head on the window. They didn't know it but I still had my video going.

"Delete it now!" Grace said whining as she leaned over Baylor's head to try and snatch it away from him.

"Trust me you don't want to see this Dinosaur angry and in action!" She said lunging for his phone. He pulled it away at the last second and accidently smacked Cole on the side of the face.

"Oh it's on like Donkey Kong!" He said showing us his terrible Kung fu 'skills'.

Cole reached over the back of his seat and snatched my phone out of my hands. I reached for it but he held it out further away from him taunting me. He made a funny face to the camera and then turned it to face Grace who was now hung over Baylor's seat, practically laying on top of him.

"Will y'all quit acting like a bunch of wild Monkeys back there!" Joked Makinley.

It's funny because she's calling us wild Monkeys, when that's her other nickname too.

"We're here."As if on cue Grace and I hopped over the guys and swung open the doors, almost hitting the cars next to us. We closed them in their face and took off towards the building, Makinley hot on our tracks.

We slung open the doors, and Grace toppled over some random teenager. He smiled and held out his hand for her to stand up.

"Sorr-" Just as Grace was about to apologize, Baylor swooped in and nearly dragged Grace off away from the teenagers.

When we got seated at the table to put our shoes on, Cole typed in our names.

"Wait! Don't put me first!" I whined looking up at the board. "I can't bowl if my life depended on it!"

Chuckling Cole said

"Well it's too late now, your waisting time! Chop Chop!"

I stood up and found the lightest ball there was. I was slinging my arm back and about to come forward when I heard a loud thud and a bunch of laughing. I turned around and realized that instead of slinging the ball forward, like I intended, I slung the ball back and it was sitting right in between Coles feet.

I blushed and went over to pick it up.

"Hang on let me show you how." He said standing and bringing the ball towards me. We walked to the line and he wrapped one arm around my waist and put one to where I was holding he ball too. He pushed our arms back and counted down from three.

"1..."

"2...."

"3!" We let go and the ball went shooting down the middle. It busted the first pin and then soon enough, all the pins were laying on the floor. I can't believe Cole did that! It was so sweet. He was strong but gentle too. I hope we will still be able to see each other after this trip.