Ch. 1

Two weeks later Alois found a butler that could deal with him. He was a stoic man with interesting yellow eyes named Claude. I guess he's okay, I don't spend enough time around him to really know the guy so I can't say anything bad. He makes Alois smile though, which isn't very hard, but I like to see him smile. He is my brother after all.

Lizzy and I spent our time making fun of him for it when we weren't scaring away our own servants. Lizzy would often go and bother the precious little gardener, Finnian, leaving me to my own. I liked being on my own, I got to dress up and read in peace and dance around to stupidly loud music. I missed Alois though...he spends so much time with Claude. I hope Lizzy finds her servant soon too, I want to see her smile like Alois does.

I looked up from my book as I heard her giggle from below in the garden. Peering over the side of the roof, I was just in time to see her spray Finnian with the hose. I chuckled as the cook, Bardroy came outside to see why his boyfriend was yelling when he got sprayed as well.

Lizzy looked up her green eyes sparkling as she waved at me.

I waved back.

Everything is going to work out. I can feel it. I just don't know when.