Chapter 2 ash and coals and paper oh my

The door flung open to Mr Eaton's office. 

Oops I forgot to explain how the school works we are split into five factions and pull our weight. Erudite my brothers group are the nerds, he recently transferred and we drifted apart, they help with organization and some of them are teachers. Amity the crackheads are farmers and some are chefs. Abnegation, we're the stiffs, we do charity work and are on the board. Candor work with the justice system and because we are a boarding school we practically run the school. Then there are the dauntless they support are sports division.

After a very 'inspirational' speech about how we let down the school Four and I entered the hall and went to the choosing ceremony. In our school you get to pick which group you go into each year. Last year Caleb chose Erudite and it devastated my parents who are senior leadership members of staff or SLT. Four has been in Dauntless since I first knew him but we are the same age him and his poesy rule the school but I rule my gym.

Tris prior my name was called from Marcus Eaton who gave me an 'i know your going to stay in abnegation look' I walk to the podium and touch the coals that represent dauntless then I wrote my name on a strip of  paper and put it in the coals which had suddenly been lit I placed my name in the bowl and watched it burn I'd done it. 

(A/N cliff hanger sorry about the short chapter if i get five reads i'll continue so spread the word I can update every day this is my first proper fanfic so enjoy)