{14}

A/N: So stranger things gets released TODAY!! And I bless you with ANOTHER chapter (finally)!!!!!!! YES BITCH!
  P.S- This chapter takes at the beginning of the week, Monday. I skipped because I'm to lazy to read my last chapter and figure out how to add on. So enjoy this🤘🏾‼️
P.S #2- This was not proofread🤷🏽‍♀️ sorry

  Finn's POV
  The suns powerful bright rays were blocked by the black out curtain I hung over the entire square footage of my window. I lay in the dark, trying to imagine it was still three O'clock in the morning, and that I had two more hours of sleep. But I couldn't imagine it. I couldn't imagine it because it wasn't reality. It was a bright and sunny Monday morning and I had school. School was just like prison, just like the fiery pits of hell. School was a dreadful place where privacy didn't mean shit, and all bets were on deck. School was a bucket of shit and I was about to engulf in all of it.
  Those dumb ass thoughts soon escaped my mind when I heard a shuffle come from the room over.

  Millie

  As soon as I acknowledged her presence in my house, my heart skipped a beat and I smile. Millie would make me forget about the world ending, not really because I'd be running around like a girl who just found out she could never go shopping again, but it's the metaphor that counts.
  I pull the covers off of my hot sticky body and sit up. The humidity in the room makes me more uncomfortable then ever. If I feel like this dirty then I know Millie feels just as I do. I lift myself up and head for the bathroom, just outside my room. I enter, my hot feet touching the cold floor. The bathroom was freezing, but it felt good to have such sensation wisp past my body. I head to the sink and look at the mirror. I looked like shit. As I run my hands through my hair, I turn on the hot and cold water. I cup my hands together and place them under the running water. When my hands full I remove them and splash the water in my face. The water droplets roll of my face and down my neck, making their way down my bare chest. I flutter my eyes shut and let out a deprived breathe. I splash my face with water once more, letting the water trickle down my face as I close my eyes and take in everything that has happened in the past month.
  My attention is snatched when I hear footsteps approach outside the bathroom. I grab a hand towel from the rack, and I pat my face dry, as well as my neck and my chest. I throw the towel in the hamper in the corner of the bathroom, and open the door. Millie stood at the foot of the entrance, look innocent. Her hair perfecting messy, her night clothes perfectly wrinkled, and her voice perfectly raspy. It was strange, but even if Millie looked like shit, she she still managed to look like a princess to me.
  "I can wait." She says as she grasp tightly onto her towel and clothes she was going to wear for the day.
  "No no you can go, I wasn't doing anything really."
  "Oh ok, well excuse me." Millie squeezes past me and sets her things on the rack. This bitchy tough girl, was now this soft spoken person who seemed afraid to talk to me.
  "Millie are you okay?"
  "Huh? What do you mean?"
  "Just like, are you okay?" I ask once more, not quite understanding what she didn't understand.
  "Yea..why?"
  "Well, you just haven't been acting yourself. I know you as this bold person who's not afraid of shit. Now all of a sudden you're soft spoken and shy." Millie slowly takes her hair out of the messy ponytail it seemed to be in. She wrapped the band around her small wrist and sat on the edge of the tub.
  "I mean it's still there..I just don't feel threatened anymore. When I was living with David I felt like I had to hold my own, but that was because I actually had too. He could snap at any moment and I had to be prepared to snap back at any moment. Now it's like, I don't feel that way with you. I feel safe with you ." I smile at the words that escaped Millie's lips, then for some reason my smile drops. She felt safe me with me...which meant I had to protect her. Which meant if at any point she was hurt, it would be my fault. I couldn't fail at protecting Millie, I couldn't even slip up.
  "Why do you look like I just said I'm pregnant." Millie says as she stands up and crosses her arms against her chest.
  "Um..nothing, nothing. Just, enjoy your shower." I give her a friendly smile and leave her in the bathroom. I didn't want her to know that her saying she felt safe around me, made me query. I just decided to let it blow over...I mean it would blow over...right?
-
  "You sure you wanna do this?" I ask before turning the car off.
  "I can't miss school, so yea, let's just get it over with." Millie grabs her bag from the back seat and pushes open the car door. I let out a deep breath and do the same. We walk side by side up the cracked and deformed sidewalk. Millie looks at her feet most the walk, only lifting her head occasionally. I tried not to watch her, so she wouldn't get the sense that I was thinking about something.
  "Millie if I were you I'd run!" Sadie comes zipping last the infestation of children. Shaking Millie vigorously, and whipping me out of my thoughts. Millie looked startled and I could tell she was scared.
  "W-why?" She manages to say. Brushing Sadie off of her, continuing to walk into the school. All of a sudden, me and Millie are bombarded with scrams and shouts. As soon as the swarm of teens cleared, I soon saw why everyone was being dramatic. Millie's stupid uncle was flailing his arms around demanding to know where she was. I looked at Millie to see a tear escape her eyes.