Chapter Nine

Lauren's Point of View:

The day of the games arrived... I had my last meal in the hotel even though I couldn't really eat anything, I ended up stuffing my face anyway just to relax me... I felt bad on what I did to Liam last night.. I started to believe myself that he liked me.. but I didn't want to fall for him.. Too late for that.. Don't think expressing my feelings now will help if I die in this arena today.

Liam walked in and sat across from me, no one else was up yet so it was just the two of us alone.. 

'Liam...I'm so sorry what I did to you last night.. I shouldn't have let my anger get the better of me'

'Hey, It's fine, relax..'

I nodded slowly. 'do you really like me?'

 He nodded 'Yeah I really do, do you like me?'

I didn't want to lie.. but I do like him... but should I say it to him? One of us will die after all 'Yeah I do'

He smiled and I couldn't help it but smile back.

* * * * * *

We were off to where the arena was and before that we had to have trackers put into us by some sort of injection thing..

Cinna helped me get ready and I was now shaking..

Cinna hugged me tightly.

'If I could beat, my money would be on you' he smiled. 'You can win this'

I didn't know what to say, I couldn't say anything at this moment I was too scared to say anything.

Cinna helped me put on my jacket and zipped it up, and pointed down showing me he put my pin on my jacket. 

'T-Thank you' I stuttered out.

The voice over intercom started the countdown and I stepped into the glass cylinder turning to face Cinna shaking again.

Cinna tapped his finger under his chin as if to say head high.

I lifted my head and stood straight I wasn't going to show how scared I was even though in my head I was terrifyed. The metal plate under me lifted me up in the air, bringing me into the arena. My eyes were dazzled when I could see the sun shining in my eyes and I saw a forest.

I looked over seeing Liam, he gave me a reasuring smile then looked forward.

I then heard the announcment of the legendary Claudius Templesmith as his voice boomed all around us.

'Ladies and Gentlemen' he said 'Let the seventy-fourth, Hunger Games Begin!'