Chapter Six

Lauren’s Point of View:

The next few days was all training and we then were going to be put for individual assessment. Then we could show what we can do for the gamemakers to see. Liam would show his strength and me well from my hunting skills I would use a bow and arrow. If there was one.

Today was the assessment. We were going to be brought into a hall with equipment and out show off to the gamemakers. They will mark us out of twelve and I never seen anyone get over ten before. The boy from district 1 went first, who goes by the name of Marvel. Then the girl Glimmer. For district 11 for the girls was Rue. She went before Liam.

Then it was Liam’s turn. He got up

 ‘Good Luck’ I said with a small smile.

‘You too... You shoot straight’

I nodded.

Liam’s Point of View:

Shoot straight?! SHOOT STRAIGHT?! Why did I say that... God Liam. I sighed and walked into the arena. I wasn’t sure what to do. Do I say I’m here or what? I saw one of those heavy metal round balls. The gamemakers weren’t even looking at me.

I went over and took one of the metal weights and threw it as far as I could. Yup again they weren’t even looking at me.

They dismissed me after my fifteen minutes were up.

They didn’t even turn a head to look at me. Fine then. I left room walking back to the hotel. What about Lauren now. Will they even watch her?

Lauren’s Point of View:

I was the last one in the room, waiting to be called. I heard my name being called so I got up and walked slowly into the room. There was a bow and arrow. Yes. The gamemakers where not even looking in my direction they were laughing and talking to each other. It pissed me off. I grabbed the bow and arrow and cleared my throat. They looked in my direction.

I walked over and started. I missed the bull’s-eye by a bit and then the gamemakers started to talk amongst themselves again.

I tried again and got it, but the gamemakers didn’t even look in my direction!

Now I am furious. The gamemakers stood around a full pig with an apple in its mouth. I grab another arrow and sent it straight at the table. I heard the shouts and the stumbles of the gamemakers away from the table. The arrow went straight into the apple pinning it into the wall.

They all turn to look at me.

‘Thank you..... For your consideration’ I said sarcastically. Then put the bow back where I got it and dismissing myself walking back to the hotel, furious.