Chapter 7

Sarah

My body felt cold, the stiffness in my limbs along with the pulsating pain behind my eyes still could not compare to pain I still felt in my chest. I slowly pushed myself up to a sitting position and just sat there looking at my hands still flat against the cold floor. I could hear movement from on the other side of my door. I imagined it was probably them coming to collect their clothing that was scattered all over the floor. I braced myself with one hand on the wall as I slowly made an attempt to stand. My vision was blurry and the room was moving on its own. Once I was standing I leaned against the wall trying to collect myself before I slowly made my way to my bed only to pull the blankets back and slowly lower myself onto it. I pulled the blankets up over my head trying to hide away from the world. I knew I should get up and go in search of food and something to calm the pain in my body, but I couldn't make myself get up just yet. I didn't want to go out there and have to face them. I silently prayed that they would leave and I could exit my room and try and make myself feel a little bit better.

It was maybe another 30 minutes before I heard the front door open and close. I laid there for another 5 minutes listening as best I could for any footsteps that would give away if Jay was here or not. Once I didn't hear anything I got up and grabbed my robe and a towel before going to the bathroom. Once I was washed and felt a little better I got dressed and found some medicine to help with the pain. When I looked in the mirror it was obvious that I wasn't feeling well and looked like shit with my puffy face and eyes. I really just wanted to get out of the apartment but I also didn't want to see anyone. I ate some crackers before I grabbed a cold face mask and heading back to my bed. I kept the lights off and put the mask on before pulling the covers back over my head. I said a little prayer up that Jay would stay away for the whole day.

I woke up to someone shaking me and calling out my name. I pulled the covers closer to my body and told whoever it was to go away. I was to groggy from the medicine I took and still feeling icky.

"Time to get up princess."

My covers were ripped away from me and I was left there in my pants trying to pull my legs as close as possible to keep warm.

"Give me back the covers its freezing."

"Well princess if you turned the heat on it wouldn't be cold. Now it's time to get up."

I knew who it was and I didn't want to face Gray right now. I shook my head and tried to keep my body from shivering.

"Please Gray I am cold."

I rolled over to face him and looked up at him. I could feel that the face mask had fallen off at some point and I had just hoped that my face wasn't as puffy anymore.

"What's up princess? Are you not feeling good?"

Gray threw the covers back over me before he came to sit on my bed and checked my head for a fever.

"I wasn't feeling good this morning and took something for it. I feel better but now I'm freezing."

"Mover over."

I scooted over and Gray pulled the blankets back before laying down and pulling me closer to him. His body was warm and my ice-cold body tried to move as close to him as possible in an attempt to steal some of his heat. He put his arms around me and rubbed my back trying to help warm me up.