Chapter 7

"Wake up Cas...it’s our first day of school!" Jade exclaimed shaking the bed. Cassie woke up looking like a zombie.  She got up, and walked to the bathroom. Blaze said good morning to her as she entered the bathroom. He had a towel wrapped around his waist and he was brushing his teeth and heading to the bedroom.  Cassie went took a nice long shower and when she went into the bedroom, got dressed and was heading out the door when she bumped into Shante.

“Can I talk to you?” Shante asked.

“Sure, but make it fast”

“Listen, im sorry about the way I was acting, but you gotta see that I think of blaze as an older brother and I gotta watch his back. I didn’t want to come at your head wrong but this boy has been in my life for I don’t know how long….can we just start over?”

“Uh, sure I guess”

“Awesome” Shante gave her a hug and then headed into the house. Jade ran outside and got into the car with Cassie. She dropped Jade off first and then headed for her first day of school at Bay high. As soon as she parked her car everyone was looking at her. She stepped out, grabbing her bag and her books and was about to head to her first class until her best friend, Tika called her.

“Hey girl wassup?” She said walking into the building.

“Where are you?”

“School…”

“No you’re not”

“I mean” Crap she thought. She forgot to tell Tika she moved “I moved and now Im at a new school”

“And you didn’t have time to tell your bestfreind?”

“Listen im”

“No cell phones in the hallway” A teacher yelled. Cassie rolled her eyes

“Im sorry Tika and as soon as I get back there I promise I’ll make it up to you” She heard a males voice in the background. He sounded like Dante.

“Girl don’t sweat it, were best friends and best friends always forgive each other”

“Mmmhmm, well I gotta go bye”

“Bye” Cassie walked to er locker and placed her books in there when some boy wearing a varsity jacket came up to her.

“Are you new here?” He asked looking her up and down.

“Yeah” She shut her locker and started to walk away. He followed her to her .

“So, who do you have right now?”

“Why?”

“I just wanted to walk you to class” He said with a cocky grin. Cassie rolled her eyes and kept trying to diss him. She could tell he was popular because of the way all the other girls in the hallway were looking at them together.  He kept talking about himself and the school, it got to a point where she stopped listening.  She was close to her class when some girl in a cheer uniform came up and hugged the boy. Cassie rolled her eyes and kept walking as they were talking. The boy called her but she just ignored him. As soon as the bell rang, everyone was in the classroom and the girl in the uniform was in Cassie’s class.

“Just so you know, he’s mine” She said to Cassie.

“Trust me, I don’t want him” The girl rolled her eyes and sat in front of Cassie.  The day was so slow until finally lunch came. Cassie went outside to the courtyard and saw everyone siting at their lunch tables. An arm went around her shoulder. She pushed it off and saw the boy from this morning.

“What do you want?” She asked irritated.

“Want to sit with me for lunch?” He asked smiling.

“Nah, im good, I’m going out for lunch” She left him standing there by himself as she was walking towards her car. She decided to get some food when she got home; she wasn’t in the mood to eat. She called Tika and a manly voice answered.

“Hello?” He said

“Can I speak to Tika?” She asked

“Cassie?”

“Dante!” Tika grabbed the phone

 “Hey girl, wassup?”

“Don’t hey girl me, why the fuck is Dante answering your phone”

“Promise you won’t be mad”

“Nah”

“Dante and I are friends with benefits”

“WOW, what a friend, how long have you two been fucking behind my back?” She asked upset.

“Like a week before you two broke up” Cassie chuckled to hide her feelings.

“Wow, I can’t believe this…my supposed to be bestfreind for years and my ex” She shook her head “you know what, goodbye Tika…this friendship is over” Cassie left her phone in her car and walked back into the school. Cassie turned off her cellphone and went to class. As she was rushing, she bumped into some girl.

"Bitch you betta watch where the fuck you're goin!"

"Hoe, I know you’re not talking to me, i would whoop dat ass right here right now" Cassie said pointing her fingers in the girls face.

"Trick, i dare you, i would fuck ya hoe ass up!" Everyone started circling them.

"Bitch i dare you, do something, i will embarrass you in front of all your ugly ass friends" She looked down and saw the girls fucked up ashy ass toes in some flip-flops "Ewww, you need some fucking lotion for your nasty ass feet...it looks like you were walking on a dirty road" everyone started laughing. The girl lunged at cassie and cassie punched her in the face. They were going at it and Cassie had the girl by her weave, punching her multiple times. Teachers came and pulled them apart. Cassie took a bunch of her braids and pulled it out throwing them at her. She explained to the teachers, she wasn’t the first one throwing a punch. Cassie got sent home and when she checked her Facebook, Almost everyone in her school added herand was talking about the fight.