~ Chapter 11: Private Day ~

"Are you sure you aren't hungry?" Justin asked, walking into the kitchen.

"No, I'll be fine."

"You have to eat sometime today."

"I'm not hungry." I said.

"I'll make food just in case."

I heard my phone go off.

Liz: girl where are you? We heard about the news.

"Can Liz come over?"

"Liz who?"

"Gillies. My friend."

"Uh, sure."

Ariana: Justin's house. 83 Purpose Avenue.

Liz: I'm coming. Unlock the door.

I walked over to the door and unlocked it. Justin finished making food and sets it on the counter. He walks over to me.

"This just seems so fake."

"Yeah, it does seem fake. I'm sorry, Ariana."

"It's not your fault."

"I know, I'm just sorry that David would do this."

"Never in my 17 years of life that I thought I'd be raped by someone who I loved. Someone who thought was my dad but wasn't actually my dad."

"You know how people... well, including me thought that David was your sugar daddy?"

"Yeah...?"

"I feel like they knew something about your dad."

"What do you mean?"

"I don't know, I heard people talking about it. Well-

"I- I can't. I can't live knowing I was-

"Ariana, don't think about doing that. Ever. I'm here for you. Liz and your friends are here for you. Your real parents are here for you even though they aren't here. Your family members. We all care about you, Ariana. I'm keeping you safe."

We both hug, for the millionth time.

It felt like we hugged for hours, until we both hear the door open. Liz.

We both pull away. Liz looked a little uncomfortable and shocked that we hugged. She runs up and hugs me.

"Ariana, are you okay?" She asked, rubbing my back.

"I don't know what I think."

She still keeps her arms around me. "I'm so sorry this happened. This is terrible."

"Y-Yeah, I know. I just need some alone time. You go get that education and I'll be alone upstairs." I said before walking upstairs.

"I guess that's my cue to leave?" Liz says awkwardly.

"You can go. I'll be up there comforting my girl."

"Your girl?"

"My female dog."

"Um... okay." She says before walking out.

I walk upstairs. I sat next to Ariana on her bed.

"I hate it when people just all of the sudden care about me."

"What's that supposed to mean?" Justin asked.

"Liz.. she used me for popularity and now she cares about me? Half of the people at school hated me because I was popular and now they care about me and now is texting me."

"It's because they actually do care, Ariana. Just because they don't like you doesn't mean they care about you. They might now like you but once they hear about you getting hurt or something happened to you, they'll feel bad and worried for you." Justin explains.

"Uh, you're right. I'm sorry." I said awkwardly.

"Don't be sorry."

"I feel like you're the best therapist I've ever had." I said.

"Um, thanks I guess." Justin chuckles.

"Justin, I have to be honest with you." I said.

"What is it?"

"You keep me safe and you're always here for me. I really like you Justin, but I'm not asking for a relationship. I'm just asking if you cared about me back in school before you went to jail."

"I did care about you. I know I treated you like shit by calling you names on social media and I'm sorry about it."

"It's okay, Justin. Now I know that someone actually cares about me." I said, laying down.

"So, what do you want to do?"

"I don't know, take a walk at the park or something?"

"Okay, let's go. You wear something more appropriate." Justin chuckles before getting out of the room.

I got dressed and met Justin outside.

"Let's go." He mumbles, throwing his cigarette on the ground before stepping on it.

I awkwardly went to the car and sat down on the seat.

The cigarette scent is so annoying.

We got to the park and walked around on the trail for a bit.

"I don't think I can go back home. I can't live on my own." I said.

"Ariana, you can stay as long as you want."

"But what if your dad comes back?"

"I'll figure something out." Justin says, taking a puff of cigarette.

"When will you learn, that's not good for you?" I furrowed my eyebrows, looking up to him.

He really is tall when I'm not wearing heels or boots.

"It's an addiction, Ariana. Can't get rid of it."

"And I can't get rid of David moaning and thrusting into me. It still- gives me chills."

"Stop thinking about it Ariana."

"I can't. It was so fucking scary and it's even more shocking to know that it's someone who I thought was my dad and have known for my whole life."

"Ariana, we have to do something about it. I know I've already called the police but... how about a therapist or rehab?"

"No! I'm definitely not going to a rehab center or a therapist! A therapist makes things worse."

"Then what do you want to do?"

"Nothing. I'll forget about it."

"Ariana..."

I walk away but he grabs my wrist.

I turn around.

"Ariana, we have to do something about it. You can't just sit there and try to forget about it."

"Fine.. I'll think about it."

"You better." He smiles.

It was in that moment, one kiss meant so special to me