"I'm Jungkook. Jeon Jungkook."

He held his scarless, soft, perfectly ordinary hand out to shake Taehyung's.

Taehyung couldn't bear to touch something so unharmed, so he only nodded.

He was just glad Jungkook had decided to arrive during the night hours, even though, according to the latter, it had been nothing but a malfunction in the weather patterns, causing a delay in the flight.

So, all his apologies for disturbing him at three in the morning were pushed aside along with a smile and a disconcerting shake of Taehyung's head.

"Come in, then," he stood back from the doorway, making way for the younger to walk in and observe his surroundings.

"Quite a nice house you've got here, Taehyung." he commented.

Taehyung scoffed internally.

Jungkook ran a hand along the peeling wallpaper in the living room, and made an irritated tsk sound at the back of his throat.

"You'll be staying here." Taehyung led him to the one good looking room left in the house; the guest room. "Hope that's okay."

Jungkook gave him an encouraging smile and assured him that it was perfect.

Just before he excused himself, Taehyung grabbed his sleeve, feeling all his old fears crawling back into his heart.

"What is it? You can tell me." Jungkook placed a reassuring hand on top of his.

It was the first physical touch Taehyung had come into contact with in over an year.

Subconsciously, he felt tears creep into his eyes as his vision became blurry.

"I'm....I'm just...." he managed to choke out, before feeling his legs weaken, and collapsing on the floor in a sobbing heap.

He knew that, that was the cue for Jungkook to title him a lost cause and leave.

What he didn't expect though, was a pair of arms to encircle his waist, and for Jungkook to place his head on his shoulder, pulling him into an embrace.

"Hey, everything will be fine okay? Calm down." he mumbled into Taehyung's ear, rubbing his back slowly.

It was amazing how quickly Taehyung's wails died down, replaced by soft hiccups and the occasional shudder.

Taehyung stiffened in surprise as he heard Jungkook sing suddenly in a quiet voice.

"Take my hand. Take my whole life too," he sang, causing shivers to travel down Taehyung's spine.

Jungkook slowly started to sway, making Taehyung feel as if he was being rocked in a cradle.

"For, I can't help falling in love...." he pulled away and stared into Taehyung's eyes. ".....with you." He finished in a whisper.

Taehyung couldn't understand what it was about the two sentences uttered in the form of a lullaby that made him feel so at peace with himself.

He realized that all his uncertainty was replaced by a tranquil calm that spread throughout his whole body, centered around his heart.

"Better?" asked Jungkook in a soft whisper.

"Yeah." Taehyung replied. "What....was that?"

Jungkook chuckled. "It's this lullaby my mom always sang to me when I was younger. It really calms me down, Y'know?"

That was the first night Taehyung actually fell asleep without any sort of fear clutching his heart.

A/N: three chapters in and w o a h

already?

sorry, couldn't resist woop

Also, if you haven't heard that song, wH0 aRe Y0u