“You're late.” Taehyung growled, as Jungkook entered the room with the tray.

The latter chuckled nervously as he slid the tray across the floor again.

“Sorry, got held up with stuff.”

Taking his seat by the door, he watched as the elder dug into the bowl of ramen. After a while, he spoke up.

“I heard you yesterday, in the other room.” Taehyung said, slurping the noodles. “What were you doing?”

Jungkook shrugged. “Ah, nothing much, just cleaning it, taking old stuff out, organizing and then putting it all back.”

Taehyung scowled. “Why'd you waste time doing something so crappy? You could've spent time here with me....”

He winked seductively at the younger who cleared his throat and looked away.

Taehyung smirked, then yawned, standing up.

Jungkook stood up in caution as well, but relaxed when he noticed the latter walk over to the bed and lie down.

“You can take the chair, if you want to.” He offered, rubbing his eyes.

The offer was enticing, since the floor was rather hard and uncomfortable, quite the contrary to the immensely fluffy cushions on the rocker, but Jungkook hesitated. What if this was a plot to get him closer to the bed, and hence, more easily captured, or raped or killed?

Taehyung may be acting friendly at this moment, but Jungkook knew he would never forget the sight of him cutting his own palm open and watching the blood spill out onto the floor.....

“No, the floor is okay.” he blurted out. “See? Rather soft.”

Taehyung scowled, plainly knowing the younger was lying, but let it go. Besides, it wouldn't be long before the dense boy started to actually think that him and that weak Taehyung were the same. And it would only be a matter of time after that, that he could carry out his true intentions-

“Hey, Tae- I mean, Taeyang?” Jungkook said, snapping Taehyung out of his thoughts.

“Mm?” he cracked open an eye.

“Can I go now? I've got stuff to do....”

Taehyung waved a hand dismissively.

Just before he locked the door, Jungkook peeked back. “Oh, and...”

He grinned.

“Thanks. For yesterday. Thank you so much.”

Saying that, he left.

The silence was interrupted by an evil chuckle.

“Oh Jungkook,” Taehyung laughed. “Oh dear, naive, childish, Jungkook. If only you knew....”

*****

“Come on, pick up.” Jungkook mumbled under his breath. The line had been going off forever without anyone attending it.

It drove him mad.

Finally the psychologist decided to pay heed to his rings.

Hello?”

“Oh, doctor, hi.” Jungkook breathed a sigh of relief.

“Who is this?”

“It's me, Jeon Jungkook, from the care taking company.”