Chapter Four

Mackenzie's POV

I walk into class with Lauren. We have math together right now. And all we've been talking about is our English project.

"So how was my brother yesterday? He told me to keep your attitude in check. And told me what you did to him. Which made me laugh my ass off," Lauren explains.

"It was your brother. He tried twice to get in my pants but, I shut that down fast. Then we were just going back and forth arguing. I kept calling him screw boy," I explain, taking my seat next to Lauren.

"I heard, and very clever. I like it," Lauren smiled, putting her stuff on her desk.

"Thank you, I try to be original sometimes."

We both laugh a little and look ahead to the front of the class. Where our teacher had started her thing and began to bore us beyond belief.

-

"Hello screw boy," I say, taking a seat across from Johnny.

He scoffs and sits back in his chair, crossing his arms.

"Hey doll face," he smirks.

I fake gag which just makes him laugh.

"Stop calling me screw boy and I'll stop calling you doll face," Johnny says, leaning in closer to me.

I back away from him. "Never screw boy. I thought you said you liked the name yesterday? Didn't you screw boy?"

He gives me an evil look which makes me laugh.

"It's cute because you think that's going to work. News flash, I have an older sister that gives me that look all the time. I'm practically prone to it," I state, laying out our papers between us.

He shakes his head, "I'll find a way doll face. I always do," he says.

I put my hands up, "oo I'm so scared."

He gives me the stank eye, then turns his attention to the project. He looks through all the papers and looks up at me.

"I think we can get more work done if we worked at my house," John states.

"Why? Is my house not good enough screw boy?"

"No, your house is too Christmasy. We're doing it at my house," Johnny says simply. Crossing his arms and leaning back.

"First of all, we don't even have a Christmas tree up, let alone stockings or anything to make it remotely look like Christmas. Second, you came to my house screw boy," I countered.

He huffs and leans in. "I don't care. I hate Christmas and I always will. Now it's my house or you're doing the work on your own," he bargains.

I rolled my eyes, "fine we'll do it at your house."

He smiled at me. "That's a good doll face. Meet me in the parking lot after school. I'll drive you there," he says.

I cringed, "fine screw boy."

-

"Wish me luck," I say to Maddie and my friends as we exited the school.

"It won't be that bad," Maddie says.

I gave her a look and shook my head. "It's going to be terrible. Lauren how are you related to him?"

Lauren shrugged, "I don't know. I've been trying to figure that out too," Lauren says. "Look if things get bad just text me. I'll have Carson bring me home and we'll work on the project there."

I nodded and looked straight in front of me. Down the aisle of cars, I found John standing by his.

"I have to go. I'll see you later," I say.