Chapter Twelve

Johnny's POV

I look over at Mackenzie. Seeing she's dozing off besides me. We're on our second movie. I don't know which it is.

"Hey Kenzie you okay?" I ask.

She nods tiredly.

I chuckled a bit and sat her up. Trying to make sure she stays awake.

"I'm surprised you've stayed this long. I figured you'd be with Nadia by now," she says.

I shake my head no.

I haven't told anyone that I ended things with Nadia. It's been almost two days. I've couldn't have been happier too. Without Nadia around, it feels like a huge weight off my shoulders. Yet, there's still something that's bugging me, and I still can't figure it out.

"Actually, I broke up with Nadia," I admit.

She gives me a surprised look.

"Seriously? Why" Mackenzie asks.

I nodded.

"She wasn't the one."

Mackenzie nods giving me a strange look. Then turns back to the television, watching whatever Christmas movie was on.

My phone buzzes, I look down and pick it up. Seeing who texted.

iMessage received now
Brando⚾️: hey boys, want to come over?

Before I could respond, everyone else had texted. Then Mackenzie had started talking.

"Hey, can you take me to your house? Lauren asked me to come over," Mackenzie asked.

I nodded, "ya hold on. Let me just text someone real fast."

iMessage received a minute ago
Cars🏀🏍: ya sure, be there in fifteen

iMessage received two minutes ago
Hay🤣: sure I'll be there soon

iMessage received two minutes ago
Ash🏀: I'll be home soon. I'm hanging with Rubs.

I'm in, I'll see you soon,
just have to drop Mackenzie
off at my house.

I hit send and stood up.

"You ready?"

Mackenzie nods and stands up too. We walked together and grabbed our things. Walking out of the house and to my car.

We get inside together and I drive us back to my house.

"So what does Lauren want?" I ask.

"She wanted to just hang out and watch movies. Have a girls night since we haven't actually hung out in a few days," Mackenzie explains. "What about you? I saw you texting somebody."

"I'm hanging out with the boys. We're probably just going to be playing video games at your boys house," I teased.

I glance at her and see her blushing. It makes me smile a bit.

Wait, why am I smiling? I don't like her. Do I?

I shake my thoughts away and look back at the road. Having some small talk, until I pulled up to my house.

"Thanks for the ride John. I'll see you later," Mackenzie said, pecking my cheek the rushing out of the car.

Did she just kiss my cheek?

I shake it off and continue to drive down to Brandon and Ashton's house. They're not to far from my house so it's luckily a quick drive to get there.

I pulled up and parked the car in the street. I closed the car door and walked to the front door. The snow crunching under my boots as I walked.

I made it up the stairs and to the front door. Knocking on it, I waited several moments until Brandon answered the door.

"Hey Johnny boy, last to join the party. Come in," Brandon greets, doing our hand shake.

I smiled and took off my jacket. Hanging it up on the coat rack next to the door. We walked together down to the basement, where Ashton, Hayden, Carson and Jacob were playing video games.

"John's here," Brandon announced.

"Hey Johnny," they shout, keeping their attention towards the screen. Trying to win whatever game they were playing.

I laughed and walk over, slumping in a beanbag. I get comfortable and wrap my arms around a pillow and watch the video game the boys are playing.

When Mario crossed the line, Carson jumped up in victory.

"I WON!" He chants.

"Hey best two out of three," Hayden says.

"You're just mad because I've been beating you at this game since we were kids," Carson teased.

He's not wrong. Ever since we were kids we've played Mario carts, and every time Hayden loses.

"Later okay? Guys I need your help," Brandon said, turning the tv to a Christmas movie.

We groaned and turned to him. Crossing our arms, glaring at him annoyed that we had to stop playing video games to help him.

"What's up?" Ashton questioned.

"I'm taking out Mackenzie on Saturday and I need a place to take her to dinner. It has to be really nice," Brandon said.

"I'm guessing there's going to be more than just a fancy dinner. Am I correct?" I question.

He grinned and nodded.

"Yup, I told her she was on my naughty list. Maybe I can score some with her," Brandon explained. "Do you think she's a virgin?"

They boys nodded. I didn't respond, I felt bad for even letting this conversation play out.

"John, is she a virgin?" Brandon questions.

"I don't know," I shrug. "Do you honestly think she'd tell me if she was or not? Plus, don't you think it's a bit crude talking about her like this? I mean Mackenzie's a person. An actual person, not just a sex toy you see her as Brandon."

"Damn John, where did this come from?" Jacob asks.

I sighed and turned to him.

"Look I'm just saying. Brandon and I are the only ones who go to a new girl week after week. You four don't, you treat your girlfriends with respect and you never said anything like that when you were crushing on them. So, I just think that it's time to be a big boy and become responsible. Actually commit to a girl, and not just bounce to a new Barbie doll each week."

Brandon sits down on the couch and we looked at each other. It was quiet for a little bit.

"Look, I've been thinking that too. And, I really think Mackenzie can be the one. I was just thinking, if she's virgin, I want to be her first. You know... pop her cherry?" Brandon explains.

"But what if she doesn't want to have sex on Saturday?" Ashton asks.

Brandon just grins and laughs.

"Ya what if. Trust me, she'll want to. And if she doesn't, I'm not going home without getting some action. I'll make her want it," Brandon explains.

Shit, I need to warn Mackenzie.