Chapter Five

Mackenzie's POV

I walk into English and take a seat across from Johnny annoyed. I didn't want to invite him to my house, however I knew I'd have to. And I didn't feel like being yelled at by Mom.

"You're more annoyed than usual today. Everything okay?" Johnny asked.

I sighed and looked up at him. "Why would you care?" I question.

"You may call me screw boy and I may not like you that much but, I'm still a nice person. So what's wrong doll face?" Johnny asked.

I sighed and looked him in the eyes.

"If you must know screw boy, my mom is making me invite you to help decorate our house for Christmas next week. Just decline now because I already know you're go-"

"Sure I'll come," John says.

I looked at him surprised. "Are you serious?!"

He nods, "I may hate Christmas but, I like annoying you so whatever it takes to annoy you I'll do it," John smiled.

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever screw boy. Let's just get to work 'kay?"

He nods and pulls out our papers. We're almost done with the research on the legend of Santa Claus. Next we have the research on how people in England celebrate, and the art project.

I'm doing the extra credit part but, I'm not sure if Johnny is going to do it. I don't care honestly. It's his grade, not mine.

"So, you going to tell me who you like? Or do I have to figure that out?" Johnny smirked.

"I'm not going to tell you okay? Get it through your head," I tell him.

"Okay doll face, I'll find out one way or another," he stated.

I rolled m eyes and look to my left and see Brandon sitting there. He's working with Hayden, Annie's boyfriend.

God he's so hot. Brandon, not Hayden. I look over at John to make sure he's not paying attention to me.

I look back over at Brandon and he looks at me. Giving me a small smile. I smiled back and turned around blushing.

God he's so cute.

-

I take a seat at my lunch table with my friends, Maddie and her friends as well as their boyfriends.

"Hello," I greet, pulling out my water bottle.

I don't really eat lunch, I just have little snacks instead. I think it's fine, Maddie on the other hand doesn't. She thinks I'm trying to starve myself or something.

"How's working with my brother going?" Lauren asked.

"It's decent, he's still hella annoying so I'm just making it work," I shrugged.

I look over and see Brandon. I smiled weakly looking at him, I wish I had the courage to talk to him.

I turn back around and jump. Startled by the fact Johnny is now right in front of me.

"Ugh, what do you want?" I groaned.

"Your house or my house? Pick," Johnny says.

"Wow, screw boy is militant. You learn something new everyday," I smirked.

Everyone laughed while John rolled his eyes.

"Listen doll face, if you don't pick I will," Johnny says. "Now doll face, your house or mine?"

"Call me doll face again I'll rip your nut sack right off," I say.

Everyone laughed and Johnny smirked at me.

"So you do want to sleep with me," he smiled.

I scoffed and made a disgusted face. "Never in a million years would I sleep with a guys who's ego is higher than his IQ. And to answer your question, my house. I'm not sitting in your room where I could potentially be raped because you're desperate for a lay."

He shot me a glare and stood up. "Fine, I'll see you at your house," he says walking away.

I rolled my eyes and take a sip of water. "That's what I have to deal with."

"That was actually amazing to watch," Kendall laughed.

"Is that all you guys do? Is just fight?" Annie asked.

I nodded, "yup basically."

They laughed, "I wish you good luck Mack," Lauren says.

"Thanks, I'm going to need it."

-

I sit on my bed with him across from me. I'm typing on my computer yet again. Finishing up the legend of Santa paper. Meanwhile he's just staring at his computer screen.

"You okay?" I question.

He looks up at me and smirks, "I know who you like doll face," Johnny says.

"What do you mean? I ask.

He closes his laptop and places it to his side. "I know who you're crushing on doll face," johnny repeats.

"I told you I don't like anyone."

"And I told you that's a lye. You like someone and I told you I'd find out. And I did," he explains. "You like Brandon."

I try to hide the fact my eyes almost shot out of my head.

"What do you mean? I don't like anyone," I lied, trying to shake it off.

"Stop lying doll face. I see how you look at him, all lovey dovey," Johnny grinned. "You know I can hook you up with him. Set you two up. He's on the market you know?"

I rolled my eyes and placed my laptop next to me.

"Never would I have you help me with dating. And if I did that means I'm really desperate," I explain.

"Come on, don't you want to have a conversation with him. Instead of staring at him in the distance?" Johnny asked.

I sighed. He does make a good point, but I just don't want him to help me. I mean it's bad enough that he knows, not even the girls or Maddie know. And I tell them everything.

"Look it'd be nice but, I don't need your help. Seriously, I don't I can do it on my own."

He nods and grabs his laptop. Opening it up, and setting it on his lap.

"Okay whatever you say. I'm always here if you need some assistance," Johnny states.

I sighed and looked at him.

"Johnny?"

He looks up at me confused.

"Yes?" He questioned.

"I can't believe I'm saying this but, can you keep this between us? My friends and sister don't know and... well I-"

"It'll be our secret. I promise. I may seem like an asshole to you but, I can keep secrets," Johnny said.

I smiled weakly, "thanks John."

Hey guys so I'm saying screw the double update at this point. I'll do a double update Christmas Day because I'm just going to completely forget if I try to do it now.

Anyways, I have a test in AP US History. So I'm a little nervous, but I'm going to fail anyways so ya that's me.

I got to go. Test is about to start. Have a great day.

Bye loves xoxo