Chapter Fifteen

Johnny's POV

I closed the door to my room and set all the bags down. Flopping onto my bed, letting out a loud groan.

Then there was a knock at my door.

"It's open!" I shout.

When the door opens up, I turn and see Lauren walking into my room.

"How was Christmas shopping Scrooge?" She teased, sitting next to me on my bed.

"It wasn't that bad actually. We got a bunch of stuff for most everyone so that's good," I respond, sitting up.

She nods and gives me a slight grin. Meaning she knows something.

"So Ruby tells me you broke up with Nadia? Why's that?" Lauren questioned.

I sigh, I really didn't want to tell her why I broke up with her. However there probably hundreds that she can think of right now in her head.

"She just wasn't the one. I'm tired of the barbies. I need real, not plastic," I answer.

She looks shocked at my response.

"Wow, that's not a John answer. I think you've been hanging out with Mackenzie for too long. That's a Mackenzie answer or something right there," Lauren laughed. "Anyways, did you get her something?"

I nodded smiling weakly. "I did, I think she's going to love it."

I stand up and grab Mackenzie's present I had gotten her just yesterday. Right after I left her house to work on the project, I went over to the store because they put it aside for me and picked it up.

When I showed Lauren all she could do was gasp.

"John, she's going to love it! How much did that cost?" She asks.

"Price doesn't matter. As long as she likes it, I'll be happy," I say, placing it on my desk. "Anyways, speaking of Mackenzie I need to tell her something. It's really important. I just don't know what to do."

"Well, what is it? I'm her best friend, I can help you with this," Lauren asks, becoming more comfortable.

I take a seat and lean against the headboard of my bed. Wrapping my arms around a pillow I look over at my sister hesitantly. I know that I should tell her though. She can help me with the whole Brandon thing.

"It's about Brandon," I state.

"Ya? What about him? I thought you two were friends?" Lauren questioned.

"We are friends. It's just... it's just the other day, I went over there. It was the day he asked Mackenzie out on their second date," I begin. "And he had me and the boys help him set up his date. Then he started asking if she was a virgin and stuff. Then I told him off about how she's not a sex toy and everything a-"

"Johnny, where are you going with this?" Lauren asks, concerned beyond recognition.

I take a deep breath and look up at my sister.

"We asked what will happen if she doesn't want to have sex. He said he's going to get something. He will make it happen," I admit. "I think he's going to rape Mackenzie."

Lauren's has dropped. She quickly pulls out her phone and starts typing away. I quickly grab her phone and turn it off.

"What are you doing?!" Lauren exclaims. "I'm texting the girls and we're going down to Kenzie's house to warn her!"

I shake my head no.

"Lauren, I think I should tell her since I was there and witnessed it. If anything you and them can come with but, telling her should be on me."