Part 25

Recap:

Even though Neha didn't know what her sisters had to talk about her, she started giving pleading looks to her mother. And Neha's mother couldn't deny the wish of her daughters, so she agreed reluctantly and went away, but not before sternly ordering to not take much time.

Third person's POV

When the door closed behind Neha's mother, Harshada and Preeti dragged Neha and made her sit in a chair while they both sat in front of her. One can imagine a scene wherein two people are interrogating a third person.

"Why are you so calm?" Harshada asked.

"Huh?"

"She means how are you so calm and composed about the wedding, "your wedding" (she air-quoted it) that is going to take place today itself. Why are you not..."Preeti said.

"Nervous?" Neha completed, on which both her sisters nodded their heads. Neha giggled looking at them and said, "Seriously di, you want me to be nervous?" she asked laughing a little as she found the concept funny.

"No, of course not. It's good that...that you are fine about this leaving thing, marrying thing or whatever it is, but how you were on your engagement day if we compare to that, then today you are more confident," Harshada pointed out.

"Di, you are making it sound as if being composed and confident is a bad thing," Neha said looking at both her sisters.

"No no, it's good that you are confident no doubt..."Harshada started but stopped. Both the sisters were not able to express their doubts in appropriate words. There was a moment of silence where no one spoke. Sensing that the talk is over and as they needed to rush, Neha stood up and said,

"Di, don't worry about me. I am fine, I am happy. So let's go now otherwise we'll be late.''

"Have you....have you fallen in love or something?" Preeti's doubtful voice made Neha stop in her tracks.

Neha's POV

Love?! Arrgh! This had to come up now itself. It's okay Neha, take a deep breath, you can do this.

I turned around and faced Preeti di and said, "Seriously di, you are asking me that question? Don't you know me?" I chuckled thinking about her question ignoring the smirking look of my inner self.

Even Harshada di was giving a questioning look to Preeti di and so she explained,

"No, I meant that she met Arun only a month back and judging according to how obsessed she was with the romantic genre, I doubted whether she started thinking that Arun is her ultimate lover or something and that is the reason she is so composed"

Okay, she still thinks I am a child. Not good! I gave her an are-you-serious-right-now look.

"I am not that teenager any more di and you said "was obsessed" (I air-quoted), that is the answer to your question."

"Seriously Preeti that was a ridiculous doubt. Are you sure you are feeling okay today? You didn't go and bang your head somewhere did you?" Harshada di asked in a mocking tone.

"I'm perfectly fine. You should worry about yourself," Preeti di answered.

And this way their daily banter started. They have always been this way. I rolled my eyes looking at the way they show their love to each other.

"I still can't believe that you both are married!" I said dramatically. "Now come on hurry up otherwise I'll never get a chance to marry and I'll be single for the rest of my life," I joked winking at them.

"I can't believe she is getting married!" Preeti di said to Harshada di and they both laughed.

I just stuck out my tongue at them and turned to go and find my mom who would surely be angry by now.

Third person's POV

Finally, it was time for the wedding to start. Every person who was needed, was already present on the stage waiting for the bride to arrive. As soon as Neha stepped into view, every pair of eyes in the hall were on her. This sudden attention from the unexpected number of people, made Neha a little uncomfortable, resulting in her casting her gaze downwards. But when she sat beside Arun in front of the holy fire and saw herself surrounded by her family members, she felt her nervousness go away. 

Arun was just awestruck looking at Neha. She was again looking beautiful like she did on their engagement day or maybe more. He was just admiring her, when sensing his gaze upon her, Neha looked up at him directly and their eyes met. 

As soon as her eyes met his, her smile turned into a grin. It was as if she hadn't been so happy about seeing someone for a long time. Arun was smiling due to the infectious smile of his bride.

The wedding took place in a pompous manner with no obstacles. All the rituals were followed with due respect. Both the bride and groom were obeying the instructions of the priest who was conducting the rituals. In the end, both Arun and Neha first took the blessings of their parents and then accepted the congratulations of their family members.

Neha's POV

I am married finally! Everything was done properly without any hindrance. I'm feeling so so happy right now. I will be addressed as Mrs. Neha Arun Nair from now on (blushing), Arun is my husband now! I don't have words to describe the different emotions that are flooding my mind right now.

I looked up at Arun to see him talking to his friends. After all the rituals were finally completed, guests started pouring in to congratulate us. And there were so many people present. At first, when I put a step on the platform, seeing the number of eyes following my steps made me nervous. I never expected so many guests to be present. And as I had thought, more than half of them were from Arun's side.

After greeting the guests, Arun and I were taken to eat our lunch. Until di mentioned food, I never realized that I was hungry! We had our lunch along with the teasing session of my sisters and cousins who were joined by Arun's friends. It was so embarrassing! I just concentrated on my food ignoring all their remarks whereas Arun was enjoying it I think because he was always laughing at their attempts to tease us.

Then finally came the moment when I had to say goodbye to my family. No, I didn't cry, but my heart ached to see my mom crying and especially my father's eyes brimming with tears. My father never cried in front of me and seeing him emotional made me sad to an extent of thinking that I'll not leave him and go. Harshada di too cried while bidding me bye, while Preeti di was trying her best to keep her tears at bay by teasing me in some way or the other.

All this while Arun was always beside me, listening to the instructions given to him by my family. I felt happy having him by my side and also seeing him agreeing to everyone's wishes with his honest words.

I had already decided that I wouldn't cry because I knew seeing me cry would make my family weaker and that was not something I could bear. Moreover, I have never cried in front of anyone, so my tear control level is great! (chuckles) I made sure to say bye to the older members with a smile and the younger members with a kiss.

In this way, both the new weds proceeded to go home with their family, after taking one step ahead in the journey of their new life together.

A/N

Hello everyone! So, a long chapter but I hope it's good enough.
And the note is for information that I'm going to be busy till the 4th of next month, so can't update till then. Hence please bear with me and don't forget the story till that time!

And thank you once again for all the reads, votes, and comments! They all encourage me :)