Epilogue!

[ How many of you expected this😉👆? ]

I don't know how to dedicate a chapter to someone on the mobile. I guess it can only be done through a computer....SO

I wanted to dedicate this chapter to #Thesilentocean365 for being the unexpected first reader to give my book a chance. Thank you so much for voting and commenting dear!

*Please excuse the mistakes coz I'm on a bumpy and speedy bus 😂*

"You know, today I made that mom's special dish. She said that the taste was the same, I made no mistakes!" Neha giggled as she combed her hair while standing in front of the mirror, "And when I went to walk today, I saw a puppy in the garden. It was so small and cute...I so wanted to bring him home," saying this she sighed, "But anyway I gave him a little water and food to eat..."

Neha was continuously talking about her day for the past 10 minutes. At last, she put her shawl from around the neck, indicating that she is all ready. She turned around with a frown on sensing no reply.

"Arun are you even listening to what I am saying?" she asked. No reply came from the man sitting on the bed with the laptop, furiously typing away.

Neha came and stood directly in front of her husband and shut the laptop's flap to gain his attention.

"What are you doing?" Arun exclaimed but was not allowed to complete.

"Did you even hear what all I was saying from the past half an hour? Going on and on with your work..."

Arun again opened his laptop calmly. "From the past 10 minutes," he corrected her, "And I am writing an important letter. Please, half an hour only, promise."

Neha opened her mouth to protest but was interrupted by Arun's ringing phone.

"Yes Jay, I have almost completed writing it. Send it as soon as you can. And mail me the papers of yesterday's meeting. Yes..."

Neha was just standing there fiddling with the end of her pink shawl. She sadly looked towards the wall clock as her heart mumbled the words 'half an hour'.

Without waiting to hear anything more, she walked out of the room towards the kitchen. Her mother-in-law was busy working.

"Mom," Neha called her softly.

"Yes, beta all ready?" her mother-in-law asked, her eyes still on the utensil kept on the gas.

"Mom, could you..." she hesitated still fiddling with her shawl.

Her mother-in-law turned towards her.
"What is it dear? Oh, so all ready? Where is Arun?" she asked.

Neha bent her head down tears threatening to spill from her eyes. Sensing the gloomy look on her daughter's face, Sushma lovingly cupped her cheek and asked,

"What...did something happen?"

Neha shook her head in a no.

"Are you not going? The film will start in some time..."

At that Neha started crying. Her mother-in-law panicked, "What happened Neha? Is something happening? Did Arun say something?"

At Arun's mention, Neha started crying more. Her mother-in-law took her to the hall and made her sit on the couch opposite to where her father-in-law was sitting.

He immediately folded the newspaper that he was reading and concentrated on his daughter-in-law who was crying on his wife's shoulder.

"What happened Neha, why are you crying?" he asked worriedly.