Part 38

*Please excuse the mistakes*

Their equation had changed now. They had passed the threshold of the "to-be-friends-first" rule that they had started with. The feelings were different now, the reactions were different now.

Arun had these twinkling eyes whenever he saw Neha. This honeymoon of theirs was now one of the beautiful memories for him. Yes, he wants to hear his wife saying those "three magical words", but he is ready to wait for it. After that night of confessions, it was as if his love has increased all the more. What mattered to him now was only her happiness, her smile, and nothing else.

Neha was smiling like an idiot whenever she thought about her husband. When he had confessed that he loved her, she was prone to doubt it, but she surely couldn't miss the sincerity that his eyes held. So, now whenever she thought that all this is a dream of hers that could burst out like a balloon, one look of her husband would be enough for her lips to curve into a smile. And yes, the guilt had reduced a bit, but it would go away fully only when she will be to reciprocate her husband's feelings.

They were in the car going towards their home. After some time Neha felt sleepy, so she just rested her head on Arun's shoulder and slept off. He smiled looking at her sleeping form and thought, 'You made my work easier. I'm sure you'll be happy after seeing your surprise.'

They reached their destination. Arun shook her lightly forcing her to come out of the deep slumber. Neha opened her eyes feeling groggy. She looked up at Arun as he gestured her to get out of the car, while he himself opened the door and got out. Neha took her time trying to rub the sleep from her eyes and then followed suit. She got out of the car still looking pretty in her white kurti sequenced with little mirrors at the collar and near the hem of the dress. Those pieces of mirror shined in the sunlight. Adding color to her dress was a multi-colored scarf hung around her neck.

As the car sped away, Neha opened her eyes properly and looked before her only to get a pleasant surprise. She was standing before her home....her parent's home.
Her eyes immediately searched for Arun. She walked up to him and took one of the bags from his hand.

"What...why are we here? I mean when did you plan this? Does everyone at home know that we are coming here? How..." her rambling was cut off by Arun.

"Stop firing questions. Let me say something first," he chuckled.

Neha nodded as her mind was filled with confusion, surprise, eagerness, and happiness all at the same time.

"Don't worry about mom and dad not knowing. I had informed them about coming here in the morning itself. And about when I had planned this..." he deliberately paused.

Neha was waiting for his answer with the utmost concentration.

"Let that be a secret for you," saying this winked at her and walked forward.

Neha's expressions immediately changed as she hurried forward to walk with him. She was eager to know when he had thought of coming here, but he didn't divulge anything crushing Neha's inquisitiveness.

The door was opened by Neha's mom. This was as much of a surprise for her parents as for Neha. Her mom hugged Neha tightly as if trying to make up for the absence of her from the time she had left home. Arun bent forward and touched his mother-in-law's feet for her blessings which she happily gave.

"Mom, how are you? And where is dad?" Neha asked as her eyes roamed around the living room searching for the presence of her father.

"He has gone out for some work. I'll call him up and tell him to come early. After all, his princess has come home after so many days," her eyes brimmed with tears of happiness. "I'll come now. Neha, take Arun to your room by then."