Part 42

*Please excuse the mistakes*

The next morning Neha opened her eyes to see the light streaming in through the window brightly.

"It's morning already?" she exclaimed opening her eyes with a jolt. But, when she looked at the time she realized that it's Sunday and...

"And I have the liberty to be late. Phew!" saying thus, she adjusted herself inside the quilt more comfortably. She looked to her side to see Arun sleeping peacefully. That's when last night's events came to her mind again.

'Shoot! I admitted it at last! It feels so good to be sure about your feelings. I never ever in my wildest dreams thought that I would say these words to someone. I don't know, can't explain when it happened...but I think his jealousy was the one that became a catalyst in me realizing my feelings. To be honest, I kinda loved the way he said that he didn't like me talking about Harsh. I know it's weird to feel like that, but God knows why his possessiveness making me smile. Oh god, I will die of happiness now. I'm feeling to shout it out to everyone that yes! I am in love! But sadly there is no one to whom I can say right now.'

Coming out of her thoughts Neha decided to get ready and proceed to her daily routine even though she just wanted to cuddle with her husband. She freshened up wearing a saree that was of Arun's favorite color. She wanted to dress up for him today. She wanted to look beautiful. It was like she wanted to celebrate the happiness of finally being in love.

With a bright smile on her face and bouncy steps, she made her way to the kitchen. She gave a bear hug to her mother-in-law who had just entered the kitchen. "Good morning mom," Neha wished her enthusiastically.

Her mother-in-law chucked at the tight hug and wished her back.

"What happened? My daughter is looking very happy today."

Neha just shrugged her shoulders and said, "Nothing mom. Just like that."

They both had almost finished making breakfast when everyone else got up.

"Neha!" came Arun's voice from their room.

Automatically Neha's face again lit up with a smile. "Yes, coming!" she responded as she was still busy plating the breakfast. Not even ten seconds had passed when she heard her husband's voice again. A frown came on her face as she thought 'Why is he being so impatient today?' Her mother-in-law understood her daughter's thoughts and said,

"You go and see why he is calling. I'll do this."

"I'll come back soon," Neha said and went towards her room.

She entered her room to see her husband sitting there, eyes closed and his back rested on the headboard. She came and stood before him.

"What happened?"

Arun opened his eyes and smiled looking at his wife. He made her sit on his lap and said, "I missed you."

Neha chuckled at that and said, "Missed me? I was not gone on a holiday, I was just in the kitchen and you were sleeping."

"I missed seeing your face after I got up. And did I say you are looking beautiful today?"

Neha smiled at his compliment. "Now why did you call me, just for saying that you missed me?"

"Yes"

Neha was surprised at his reply. "Arun, seriously. I left my work and came here. Now let me go, mom must be waiting."

But he did the opposite by locking his arms around her more tightly. "Nope, please stay," he said with puppy eyes. Neha's heart melted at that and she said, "It's Sunday today. We both are at home the whole day," emphasizing the whole day, "But now it's breakfast time and I don't know about you, but I am hungry. Moreover, it's somebody's favorite today," Neha said biting her lips.