Little Bird

"Good morning" the familiar Australian accent filled the room "and what do we have here?"

Finn entered the flat followed closely behind by Collin. Just as they walked in, Logan entered the room feverishly wearing only his boxers. Both of us the perfect image of caught red handed.

"Have I gone back in time?" Collin asked sharply looking back and forth between Logan and I.

"Darling, you look ravishing" Finn leaned in and kissed my cheek. He walked over to Logan and shaking his hand and pulling him in for a brief hug "as do you love."

"On that note, I'm going to go get changed" I said trying to exit the room as gracefully as possible without giving anyone a show.

"But we like you just the way you are" Collin teased his eyes still fixated on Logan.

"Seriously dear, don't change on our account. Besides I think there is something on the top shelf I need you to reach" Finn added with a wink.  

I watched Logan intently as I left the room. When I got to Logan's room I quickly threw on the first thing I could find in my bag. My heart was racing. I sat down on the bed letting my breathing return to normal. I listened closely to the conversation in the kitchen.

"So when I called you a couple of weeks ago you said that you couldn't possibly tear yourself away from work for the holidays, want to fill in the details Huntz?" Collin asked, his voice was harsh.

"I AM busy at work. That wasn't a lie" Logan defended.

"Looks like you are busy at home too" Finn said suggestively.

"Rory has stayed here a couple of times" he paused "for work, you know so she doesn't have to worry about paying for a hotel room."

"Ahh yes, I forgot your charity service supplying a warm bed to travelling reporters. Or does she sleep on the couch when she's here?" Collin snarled.

"I'm sure he is a gentleman, he probably sleeps on the sofa. Am I right Logan?" Finn asked amusingly.

"Drop it both of you" Logan hissed.

"Yeah that's not going to happen" Finn said with a laugh.

"So does Odette know?" Collin's question made my heart jump.

Their voices quieted and I heard movement. I grabbed a shirt and a pair of sweatpants of Logan's and slowly walked back into the kitchen. Logan and Collin were standing close to each other their faces red with anger. Logan backed away upon seeing me. I handed him the clothes.

"Can I give you guys a proper hello now?" I asked cheerfully trying to diffuse the obviously tense situation.

"We much preferred the improper hello" Finn teased.

I gave him a hug "Merry Christmas Finn."

"Merry Christmas beautiful."

"Merry Christmas Collin" I said with my arms open to him.

He hugged me back "Reporter girl."

"Could I interest you gentlemen in some coffee?" I asked.

"Irish coffee for me, please" Finn requested and Collin nodded in agreement.

"I'll go grab the whiskey" Logan said flatly adjusting his newly adorned clothes. "Come in and sit."

I took down two additional mugs and filled the four cups with the freshly brewed coffee, emptying the carafe. I was making a second pot when I heard Logan come in behind me.