Chapter 6

The next day, neither of them talked about their talk the night before. Shane was genuinely confused about the whole thing, and so was Lisa. Honestly, she didn't know what she was talking about. She shouldn't be thinking about kids! They just got engaged a few weeks ago! She knew she wanted kids, and talked about it many times to various friends and family members. But it bothered her that whenever she even smiled at a baby, whoever she was with thought she was pregnant or wanted to be. Truth be told, she didn't. Of course she wanted to at some point, but she was happy with her life, and body. She just got a new job, a new event to worry about, and new swim suits. She didn't want to ruin her body at the moment and it would be too hard too raise a baby with her still settling into her job.

~***~

"So were you gonna do anything today?" Lisa asked Shane while making herself some breakfast.

"I was gonna go over to Joey's." Shane mentioned in between chews of his cereal.

"Careful. The last time you did that we got engaged." Lisa joked, and they both laughed.

"We were gonna do a couple videos because the shoey shippers were worried that it would go away completely." Shane said, and then got up to put his bowl in the sink.

After he set the bowl in the sink, he quickly pecked Lisa on the lips and walked over to their room to get dressed.

Lisa placed her food onto a plate and walked over to the table to sit down. She sat there eating, checking twitter a couple times, but mostly admiring her ring. It was so beautiful. She couldn't believe that Shane had been so thoughtful about it. He knew that she didn't like huge stones on rings, (she thought they looked tacky.) and he even picked one out that matches her eyes! She had been saying that over and over again throughout their time being engaged.

It matches my eyes

It matches my eyes

It matches my eyes

It was so cheesy but she loved it. He could be so cheesy sometimes that she just wanted to call him cheddar.

Shane emerged from the bed room in a black shirt and a pair of jeans. Lisa wondered why it took him so long, but she remembered that he had to straighten his hair. She preferred it straight, but sometimes she wished he would leave it curly.

"Alright. I'm gonna go." Shane said and gave her her another kiss. He paused to pet Corny who had been sitting on her lap before grabbing his keys, and his phone and walking out the door.

~***~

Hours later, Lisa was bored. Normally, she would have stayed home and watched netflix, but she wanted to see Shane's mom. She had said that she would come over that day after Shane told her about the engagement, but she cancelled because her old friend from high school was in town for the day. After that, Lisa just never got around to seeing her.

So she got dressed, put on a little makeup, and went over to Shane's mom's house to surprise her.

"Hey girl hey! So right now I am actually outside of Shane's mom's house? Yeah she wanted to see me right after the proposal but we just never got around to it. Yeah so I'm gonna surprise her and probably give her a heart attack. So come on!" Lisa said into the camera. She got out of her car and walked up to the front door. She had keys, so she just opened the door, and turned the camera back on.

"Ok so I just broke into her house and I'm gonna see where she is." She whispered.

She then turned the camera around and started quietly walking into the living room. Shane's mom was sitting on the couch watching tv, so Lisa set the camera down on the counter, and snuck up behind her. She shook her shoulders and yelled 'boo' into her ear, and Mama Dawson (A/N I'm gonna call her Mama Dawson, or Mama, or Mom, because writing 'Shane's mom' gets annoying.) screamed and hit Lisa. Lisa then fell on her knees from laughing so hard.

"Lisa! You can't do that! You could have given me a heart attack!" Mama yelled at her.

"Yeah but it was funny!" Lisa said in between bursts of laughter.

They talked for a little bit, just small talk. But then Mama finally said what has been eating her on the inside.

"So how was the proposal?" She said basically spitting it out.

"Didn't you watch the video?" Lisa asked.

"No. I was waiting to hear about it from one of you! After you tell me I'll watch it and see if you're lying." Mama said with a wink.

"Well... It was awesome. Really it was. He did it on Wednesday. We were filming a dare Wednesday video, we were doing another 'ask shisa'. And someone asked 'when are you getting married' or something like that, and I babbled on about how we've talked about it and we're fine the way that we are and then I looked over at Shane." She paused and smiled at the memory.

"And he had a little black box in his hand, and a big smile on his face. He got off of the couch and onto one knee. He answered the question by saying something about September and then he said 'what I really need, is a bride." And that is when my heart melted. But of course, because I'm a bitch, I got off the couch and said I was going to go see Joey, and as I passed him, I jumped on his back and whispered yes into his ear."

At this point Mama was smiling behind her hands and her eyes were tearing up.

"I didn't know he could be so romantic!" She exclaimed.

"Well to be honest, as romantic as it was, it was equally not. He was wearing his ninja turtles shirt, and some pants he hadn't washed in forever, and his headband around his head."

"What makes that not romantic?"

"Well-"

"Just because he wasn't in a suit? I don't think it's any less romantic in his normal clothes. After all it's the thought that counts." Mama Dawson interrupted.

"Yeah I guess you're right. Well I'm gonna go. You've heard the story and you've seen the ring. I think I'm gonna go spend time with Corny. Bye Mom." Lisa thought it was fitting to call her Mom as she was going to be marring her son.

(A/N: it kinda ends in a odd spot but I didn't really have anything to add. Also that whole beginning of the chapter is a little strange but I kinda made it sound like Lisa was pregnant and I wanted to clear up any confusion.)