Chapter 9

Lisa groggily got up and dressed. She didn't bother to take a shower, so she just put her hair up in a messy bun, and put on minimal makeup. She walked out of her room with her eyes closed, as she was still so tired.
Shane was sitting on the couch, so when he saw her, he got up and hugged her.
"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to leave you so tired. I just really want to do this." He said still hugging tight.
"What are we doing?" Lisa asked, speaking into his shoulder.
"We're going somewhere." Shane said letting go, and grabbing both his keys, and Lisa's hand, dragging her towards the door.
"Where?" She asked finally waking up a little, and they started to run down the street.
"I don't know!"
Lisa stopped in her tracks, causing Shane to fall backwards a little, considering they were holding hands.
"You mean to tell me... You woke me up at 5:30 a.m... To go somewhere... But you don't know where we're going?" Lisa said glaring at Shane. She was really mad at him for not letting her sleep.
"Ah but here's my plan: we are going to go anywhere that you want to go." Shane said matter-of-factly.
Lisa opened her mouth to speak, but Shane spoke before she could.
"And not back to bed." He said slightly sympathetic.
Lisa closed her mouth and frowned, but accepted that he wasn't going to let this go. So, as she was still holding his hand, let go and starting running down the sidewalk.
"Race you to Starbucks!" She yelled over her shoulder.
"Not fair! You got a head start!" Shane yelled back, but started running as fast as he could.

They arrived at Starbucks and got some coffee. (Lisa insisted because she was so tired.) They sat there drinking coffee, talking, and laughing. It wasn't exactly what Shane had in mind, but it seemed to work. He had distracted her, if even for a few hours.
They conversed about anything and everything. Well, everything but their relationship. Shane wasn't even going to bring anything about their relationship at all because he knew that once they started talking about it, Lisa would just say: 'and now look where we are! We're getting married! Speaking of...' Blah blah blah.
Shane wasn't going to bring it up, and was happy that Lisa didn't either.
It was nice to talk like they used to. To just laugh, and tell jokes, and fart casually, even though they were in public.

They stayed there until 1:35 pm, when they remembered they hadn't eaten lunch, so they decided to walk down the street to a small, family owned restaurant.
They ate and stayed for a couple more hours just enjoying each other's company, along with their laughs. But then then decided to go to the park.

When they got there, they didn't do the normal adult thing and walk around on the grass and hold hands, but rather ran the the swing set immediately, and swung for a while still talking.
They hadn't talked this much in far too long. They both missed it, and loved their little 'date' more than they had loved any other date they had ever been on.
Before they knew it, it was dark, so they walked home hand in hand, looking at the stars.

When they got home, Lisa took off her makeup, and they both changed into pajamas. They cuddled under a light blanket and silently watched a cheap 80's movie that neither could remember the name of. They didn't talk for the rest of the night, (even though they couldn't stop since 5:30 that morning) but just cuddled, and occasionally gave each other a peck on the cheek.

The both feel asleep with smiles on their faces.

(A/N: ok so is this boring and too mushy? I might add a little drama later, but I don't think the time is right yet. I think I'm better at writing fluff more than angst though.)