Chapter 12

"What was that all about?" Shane asked Lisa after she walked over to him, after the whole Sawyer incident. He put his arm around her and hugged her tight.

"Nothing I'll tell you later." She replied smiling up at him. He seemed taller than usual. He was always significantly taller than her, but him in dress shoes, and her in no shoes, made it a little more noticeable.

"Congratulations Lisa!" Shane's mom exclaimed pulling Lisa away from Shane, and hugging her tight.

"Thank you, Mom." She replied, returning the hug.

"So... Where are you planning on honeymooning?" Mama asked releasing Lisa from the bone crushing hug.

"Road trip!" Lisa almost yelled in a valley girl voice.

"Ooh! Where to?" His mom asked.

"We don't know. We're just gonna drive around and sleep in hotels for a week."

"Well have fun! And remember-" she stopped to put her purse over her shoulder and grab her keys. "-I am expecting grandchildren soon." And with that, she winked, and walked out of the reception hall, leaving behind a blushing newlywed couple.

~***~

Shane drove home a hour later after everyone left. Lisa fell asleep in the car clutching the skirt on her dress to keep it away from her feet, and her veil hanging from the handle above the door. Shane glanced over at her and smiled. He couldn't believe that he was lucky enough to marry Lisa. Not only his best friend, but the most beautiful girl he's ever known. Nothing could bring down his mood, because he knew that the rest of his life would be perfect.

(A/N: sorry this is so short! I hope you like it if you did please vote, comment, and add it to your library. Have a stabtacular day!)