Prologue

Keane's POV
      I was leisurely walking towards my father's cabin when I heard the loud voices.. Adrenaline pumped through my young veins and I ran the few kilometers.. I slowed down my speed as my father's old house came into view.. It was badly in need of repairs but that was the least of my worries right now.
      I rushed in and what I saw scared shit out of me.. Mom was lying back on the bed with a pool of blood around her legs..
      "What the hell happened to her?!! " someone suddenly screamed. By the way all faces turned in my direction, I knew the question had come from me..
      "Someone say something!  Dammit! That's my mother lying down there!!!"
      I made an attempt to rush to my mother's bedside but a lotta hands prevented me.. I know I was screaming like a girl but who cares really..
      The room was suddenly quiet as footsteps I had grown accustomed to all my life grew nearer.. I turned around to see my giant of a father walking into the room.
      "Father what happened to her" I asked, tears burning at the back of my eyes.. He only gave me a lopsided grin..
      I was bewildered, so confused out of my wits.. And it wasn't until I looked around that I discovered that everyone looked at my father with frightened eyes.. And then..bit by bit..the puzzles began to fit in my mind's eye.
      "What have you done to her this time? "I screamed..
     All my father did was laugh.. Then he ordered everyone out of the house. They all scurried away hurriedly.. When it was just us, he leaned closer.. And he said words that haunted my entire life forever..
      "I raped her son..I raped her.. She refused to give me her jewelry so I beat her up and raped her.. She's a worthless piece of shit anyway..and so are you bastard.. I regret the day I adopted you."
      I couldn't hold it any longer. The tears poured down my cheeks. I wasn't thinking about his hatred for me, but about his spiteful words about my mother.. The only thing my dad did was take and take from us..and abuse us till we were tired of crying. I hate him. I hate him so so much.. My sobs came out in muffled breaths. And my pain choked me..
      "Please God let her not be dead" I silently prayed as I made my way over to my mother.. I barely paid any attention as my father spat in our direction and strode away muttering something that sounded like "fucking assholes" under his stale breath.
      "Mother" I called out breaking down uncontrollably.. She slowly fluttered her eyelids giving me the most heart warming yet saddest smile ever.. She raised her fingers to my cheek and I grabbed them kissing them and crying into them..
      "I'm dying Keane.. I won't deny it. But you have to promise me something. You won't stay around here anymore.. You have to leave California and start your life somewhere else.. Go far away from your father and be that special unique son of mine " she said her sweet voice breaking, her fingers still weakly caressing my cheeks.. I was full on weeping right now..
      "You will be great son.. I have no doubt about it so you shouldn't too.. I love you so much son.. Please remember that.. I love you so much..and i'll always watch over you.. I love.. I lov..... " and she left me.. My light left me..
      I crumpled on the floor..I never thought there was a pain as great as what I was feeling right now.. My heart was achingly and slowly shattering to pieces.. And the wind was picking each of these pieces and scattering them to the farthest corners of the earth so that they could never come back together again.
      I couldn't cry anymore.. Couldn't scream anymore.. There was just this emptiness as I lay crumpled on the floor beside my dead mother.. And I knew I would remain empty for a long long time...

Hello dear readers.. I'm so so happy that you even took out time to look through my book.. I'm young and new to watt pad.. Please encourage me and show me some support by clicking the vote button at the bottom of the screen.. And please feel free to correct my errors.. Love from me.. #xoxo😘😘😘