Chapter 6

Katie's POV

I didn't know what to make out from my encounter at my father's pharmacy just now.

   The guy was extremely good looking, and looked far too familiar.

     When I saw his busted knuckles, I felt pity for him, because such a wound must hurt a lot. But the human god didn't seem bothered in the slightest, and honestly that got me intrigued.

    Mr. Robbins, my dear father was the owner of the pharmacy. He was getting really old now and wanted to pass it on to me.

  I jumped at the opportunity because I was studying pharmacy and you know, the practical aspects help a lot.

   So when I saw that guy, I knew I was going to practice on his hands. I was going to tell him that when I saw him checking out my ass.

    My eyes better be kidding me right now. I ignored him and moved on to seat behind the counter.

    God help me I was feeling like a pharmacist already, I thought grinning inwardly.

    When I looked up to see the human god scowling, I instantly became irritated. Why did his scowl have to look so perfect?

     "Let's have a look at your excuse for a hand" I blurted. He raised one perfectly God designed eye brow at me like I had grown two heads. I smirked inwardly. Did he think he was the only one permitted to play rude?

     Well all those words were short lived when the human god gave his hand to me. It felt like papa's old pot had burned my hand to ashes. I was surprised my fingers were still intact.

  Human god was looking at me with an intensity that made my heart beat faster than a million times per second. I wanted to say something, anything but was afraid my voice would come out in a squeak.  

  Suddenly human god vanished. I couldn't contain it anymore.
      "Papa!!!!!!!!"

Sean's POV
I knew my words last night hurt my best friend a lot. But they needed to be heard by him. I had kept it in for far too long.

    What I didn't expect was for him to waltz out of the apartment. I expected that to get to him and make him open up to me. But deep down I knew, that everything was expected with Keane.

    "Honey you're ok?" Caroline murmured softly.
I looked at the stop watch on the chest drawer and saw that it was only 6:13am.

     I kissed her on the forehead and hugged her against my chest, my chin nestled into her hair.

  "I'm ok sweetie. You should go back to bed."

  She pulled away from me and looked at me with eyes that said I-definitely-know-something's-up-so-don't-play-me-for-someone-stupid.

  I sighed and brought her closer to me, wrapping my arms around her slender body. I so hated the huge eye bags lack of sleep and worry had given to her.

"He didn't come back, baby. Keane didn't come home." I whispered, cradling her more tightly as I heard her sobs.

Guys I'm sorry I took so long to update. I've been very busy and sick lately.

Sorry if the chapter was short. Please vote and comment your thoughts. Love you forever💖💖😘😘