Chapter 9

Keane's POV

      I was a nuisance. And I knew it. I hurt Sean and Caroline. Fuck, I knew that too. But what hurt the most was the fact that they accommodated me, tolerated my bullshit, no matter how many times I messed up.

      I lowered myself down onto the pavement and put my head in my palms. Fuck, life sucked. Sean and Caroline no matter how hard they tried, couldn't erase that feeling.

      And God help me, that goddamn job made matters worse. Who in hades did that lady think she was? Did she seriously expect me to finger myself in front of her?? I scoffed inwardly. And yeah.. That mysterious girl at the pharmacy. What was up with her? Why did nature decide to start playing tricks on me all of q sudden?

      The sound of a laughing kid made me raise my head up. The boy, who wasn't even up to seven was giggling at what a woman, presumably his mum said. She chuckled and ruffled his hair affectionately. Yep. Definitely his mum. That did it for me.

       In a single moment, all the memories came rushing back. The fight with Sean and Caroline, the betrayal, the job, my dad, my dying mum. Fuck it was too much.

       I tried wiping away the tears but they seemed to possess a mind of their own. They flowed in torrents and heart wrenching sobs escaped from me. I wasn't conscious of my environment anymore, neither was I paying any attention to my teary subconscious or to the shocked and concerned child and his mother.

      I just buried my head in my legs and wept. Wept like a child. For my dead mom, her sufferings, my destroyed childhood, Sean, Caroline, me.

      Suddenly my head was lifted up onto a very soft shoulder. And soft but strong arms wrapped themselves around me. It felt like home. The home I never had, and it only made me cry harder. Those perfect hands comforted me in ways no other thing had. I hugged whoever it was.

       And slowly lifted my head up. However I was in no way prepared for what my eyes saw. Of course it had to be her. The pharmacy girl.

      Guys hey. I'm sorry it took so long to update. I'm so so sorry. Thank you all for your encouragement. And thanks for over 300 reads.
      Anyone with me in feeling for Keane😢😢
Goodnight loves. 😘😘