Chapter 3

Caroline's POV
      Sean and I remained silent and brooding throughout the drive.
      It wasn't as if we didn't  have things to say to each other but after the bomb that came as Keane baby's news, we both had a lot going on in our minds.
      I had known Keane for more than four years now. I met him at the beginning of college when I started going out with Sean.
      The first I noticed was his good looks.. Gosh that boy practically reeked of handsomeness.
      The whole atmosphere was practically screaming "make way! make way!! This dude is hot!!!".
      If I didn't love Sean so much I would have practically started panting on the spot.
      A lot of girls that day on campus were already drooling.
      Even the college bitch fell over on her heels while staring. You can't begin to imagine my joy that day. I laughed so so hard.
     However that was all forgotten by the next thing I noticed about him.
     Keane baby looked like he was carrying the whole world on his shoulders. You could see it in his eyes that this was a guy desperately trying to get rid of his demons from the past and yet failing miserably.
      If you didn't look closely you wouldn't see it because he always wore this blank expression.
      It hurt me so much to see Sean's best friend that way. So when I moved in with Sean two years ago, I promised myself to help him.
     But Keane baby shut himself up in his shell so much that it wasn't until six months that he started having conversations with me.
      He's a good guy deep down. I know it.
     The first day he laughed with me,  I couldn't stop gaping for ten minutes straight. Sean was probably upset but he should know by now that I only saw Keane baby as the brother I never had.
      We've been so close since then, or so I thought. This recent development isn't going to help Keane baby in any way.
      I know he hates love. The irony of that isn't lost with me. And I know he's burdened with guilt about his mother. But Keane baby's problem is that he's refusing to let that go.
      If he thinks working in a porn agency where the whole beauty and privacy of sex is abused and laid out in the open for the world to see is going to ensure he never comes into contact with love, then he is so so wrong.
      Love is a master. And strikes whoever he wills without their consent or not. Just like me, I thought wryly. 
      This night was going to be a long and dreadful one really.

Sean's POV
      I don't know what pains me the most. Keane's news or the goddamn frown on her sweet face.
      Up until this moment I hadn't decided whom among Keane and Caroline topped the list of  my attentions.
      Keane had been my childhood friend for as long as I could remember. He was always unhappy. And I hated the fact that I couldn't do fuck about it.
      His childhood was hell. With his ever abusing father and relations who didn't give a damn about their poverty stricken state, I couldn't blame him for ending up this way.
      I thank my stars that Keane was really bright and had scholarships to cover his tuition. And I'm happy that I was able to buy the little clothes I could for him and bring him lunch sometimes. 
      I know I will never be as good looking as him or as bright as him but I don't give two flying fucks about that shit. He's my best friend and I will do naught but continue to love him.
      This news however is a different matter altogether. I couldn't help the shiver that ran up my spine when he unintentionally spilled that bullshit out loud.
      It hurts so much that he hid this information from me. So fucking much.
      For crying out loud Keane was bright to the extent that he could have a job in whatever company he applied to.
      How he could stoop so low in his war against love to seek a job in a porn agency was beyond my wildest imaginations.
      I didn't know I had roughly hit the steering wheel in frustration until Caroline jumped up in fright. Damn Keane to hell.
      "I'm sorry" I muttered looking over at her. She gave me that her sweet smile and I forgot my goddamn name.
      Unable to help it, I swerved over to the side of the road and kissed her, my lips lingering on hers.
      Common sense flew through the window and God help me, I wanted to take her right there on the roadside.
      Even though I vowed to myself that I wouldn't take her virginity until I proposed to her and married her.
      I was trying to pull her onto my laps when she giggled. I was confused.
      "What is it?" I asked her. She giggled some more and pointed to the front of my denim jeans.
      Fucking hell I just gave the girl a chaste kiss. And if I could still remember well I was thinking about Keane. Or wasn't I? And here I was a minute later with a damn boner.
      I was blushing so hard that Caroline laughed. We were supposed to go to a party, weren't we?
     Dammit. She knew her power over me. It wasn't long until I joined her in the laughing spree.
      Thank goodness, the previous tension had evaporated. I pulled my car onto the road and drove to the party in better spirits.
      This night wasn't going to be so bad after all, I smiled looking at the beautiful blonde I was lucky to have as my girlfriend beside me.