Halo

I keep telling myself things will get better, things will be different this time round.. Who was i kidding? Nothing changes. I'm still the same Andie Sanderson i was three years ago. I don't know how it all even started. It could be that i had a bad, negative childhood, or that i didn't have both of my parents around when I needed them.

I woke up to my alarm disturbing me from my dreams and bringing me back into the harsh reality, to which i hate so much. I pulled myself out of bed, my warm feet hitting the cold wooden floor, making their way to the closet. I pulled out my uniform and changed into my black skirt, shirt, tie, blazer and to top it all off, my black studded creepers. I winged my eyeliner and poofed my hair, brushing my teeth and slippig on my 'Drop Dead' bag.

I don't fit in at school because I'm not a stereotypical 'girly girl' and wear pink and purple. I am unique and people judge me for it. When i arrived at the school gates, panic rushed over me, i started to sweat and my breathing became unsteady. I thought i was going to have a panic attack, so i walked out and down the road, away from school, just until I felt ready. I didn't think i was going to ever be ready. Ready for the bitching, judging, bullying and tormenting. My mum worked nights, meaning she couldn't come and get me if i did have a panic attack in school, or needed picking up.

I decided to skip school today and go to a friends house. I knocked on the door and waited for an answer. I waited no longer than a minute and the door opened. "Oh, Hi Andie, shouldn't you be at school?" Michael's mum answered the door and questioned my appearance.

"I should really, but is Michael up?" i asked, wanting to talk to him.

"No, is everything alright?"

"Yeah," i lied "Could you get him to phone me when he is up please?" she nodded and waved me goodbye.

I didn't know where to go where i wouldn't be seen by anyone from school. So i took my blazer and tie off and shoved them in my bag so it would be harder to recognize my school. I took myself to the Cafe  where i bought a coffee and waited until Michael phoned me. I should have gone to school simply because i have exams in three weeks and i haven't done a single bit of revision. But i don't care about school, all school does is make you feel stupid and worthless. I took a sip of my coffee when Michael phoned me.

"Hey, mum said you called this morning- and why aren't you in school?" I could tell that he had literally only just woken up.

"Can you meet me at the coffee shop please?"

"I'll be there in ten," Michael was my only friend, but he had finished school and was in a band. Ten minutes passed and I saw Michael running across the road, a jacket in his hand and his phone in the other. Michael could tell something was wrong when he placed his eyes on me.

"What's wrong?" He asked, I told him what was wrong, leaving tears threatening to fall from my eyes and ruining my make up.

"Are you alright now?" he asked, i nodded my head, a false gesture. I was not alright.

"OK, you can come back to mine for the day and chill if you want?" i smiled at Michael, and we made our way back to his house.

I asked to take the long walk back so i could talk to him. I told him everything. How I was not coping and how i hated school and why. I didn't like telling people my problems in case i was to burden them. But Michael just took it all in, he listened to my problems, he didn't judge me; he understood me.