Chapter 9

It's been a whole three months, and i have to tell the truth, i am a lot happier than i was three months ago- i am smiling a lot more, i don't harm myself nor do i make myself sick after each meal and all of this is down to one person, Michael. After i had the argument with my parents, he has just been there for me, he never left my side. Today i was feeling rather adventurous, so i decided to pack a bag and get changed to go for a walk somewhere new to explore.

"Where are you going?" Questioned Michael

"Oh, i feel like exploring! so I'm going to find somewhere new," i smiled "do you want to come with me?" i asked, but he shook his head, no, "Why? you love exploring,"

"I'm just not really feeling up to it today, but if you need me, i have my phone on me: just call," I thanked him and made my way outside to explore the world a head of me. I traveled down the lane, through the woods and ended up at a train station. This is an adventure at the end of the day, so i decided to get on the train and go anywhere. The train stopped, a rather petit amount of people getting off the train. I was the only one to go left; everyone else went right. Although this did make me think, i continued walking down the train tracks, one foot in front of the other, Forever the sickest kids blasting through my headphones and into my ears. This was nice- just walking, not knowing where you're going or where you're going to end up. It is a real heart racer and Adrenalin pumper, but it is really worth it all. The sun started to set and i realized in that moment that i was lost. Shit. What the fuck do i do now? I can't exactly call for help, because they don't know which paths i took, to be honest, neither did i.

After a long struggle, i finally found my way back to the tube and boarded a train, taking me back home. By the time i reached Michael's house, it was gone midnight, and i figured everyone was asleep, so i carefully made my way through his house and to my room, quietly undressing and getting into bed. I turned out the lights and slowly drifted off to sleep. It was good to be happy again.

I woke the next morning, surprisings early. The sun was rising, the birds were waking up, ready to start their adventurous day ahead of them, the grass was coated in dew, the garden fog was clearing off. As i walked outside, i saw, what looked like, Michael sat on the bench. This was weird in many ways- 1: Michael was never up before past midday. 2: He was outside which did not happen very often. 3: he looked sad. I decided to make him a hot chocolate, just the way he liked it most- the cream really tall and swirly, grated chocolate on the top with three marshmallows and no chocolate mix at the end of the mug. I grabbed his drink and walked out to where he was sat, staring into space. His mind was not on earth, in his head, he was somewhere else, and i could see it in his red, puffy eyes when i sat opposite him and placed his hot drink. He didn't even notice i was there until i spoke

"Michael?" his eyes shot to mine as we both smiled at each other "I made you a drink," i pointed towards the drink "Just the way you like it,"

"Thank you," he smiled, taking a small sip.

"What's wrong?" i questioned

"Nothing," Michael spoke, his voice cracking a little. I knew he was lying though. "I just didn't sleep well last night,"  

"Why not?" I questioned, Michael just shrugged his shoulders.