Chapter 8

I woke up the next morning in my room. I rolled to my side to see, Michael was sat with his head on my bed. I figured he must have stayed there last night. I didn't want to wake him, so i gently got out of bed. Once i was out, i made my way to the kitchen. It was Monday morning so i should have been getting ready for school, hell to school. I was done with it all. I looked at the clock: 9:35. School would have started and my mother would have gotten a phone call to ask where i was. However, i was 16. That means i can fun away and the police do not have to find me; which means that i can't be forced to go to school. That was exactly what i did.

I made myself a cup of coffee and sat at the breakfast bar. There was a knock on the door so i went to go and see who is was. I looked through the spy hole; it was Luke. So i let him in and offered him a drink.

"Please," he responded, sounding different to usual.

"Is something bugging you, Luke?" i asked, trying to be useful

"No,"  he put his head in his hands and waiting until i made his drink. I placed it next to him, "How are you?" he asked, i shrugged my shoulders not really knowing how i felt.

"What about you?" i got the same response

"Life is a pain," i nodded my head "It's annoying," i nodded my head again

"That's the beauty of it though," he shot me a confused look "Even though life is a pain, and even though it is really tough, you've just got to ride it out, because there is always something good that comes out of it," i smiled at him, feeling a lot worse than he did, but two sad faces don't  make a happy face, do they?

"I guess so." he was still sad and i could see it in his eyes "I just don't know what to do anymore, Andie. I mean, i have no idea what i am doing with my life,"

"You're in a band, no, they're not that popular yet, but you've just started getting noticed. You write songs, you compose those songs, and those songs get published," i said "What makes you happy?" i asked

"I don't know, i like performing and penguins," i was thinking of a solution

"Why don't you dress up in a penguin suit, and perform to a load of penguins," i joked, causing him to laugh at my ridiculous humor. We stayed Joking around for a while until Michael came down and greeting us both. I made him a drink, as always and smiled at him, but he did not smile back; technically, yes, but it wasn't the Michael smile that i always knew. This was the cover up smile for when he was sad. The smile that killed, almost, every inch of my body. The smile which, mainly, depressed people show.