Chapter 5

Hours passed since i had came home and Michael thought it'd be a good idea to just chill and watch films for the night. We we're in the middle of Iron man 2 when he called me out into the kitchen

"So, are you going to tell me what was wrong?" i wanted to but i really did not want to burden him even more than i already had done. "..Andie, please, i just want to help you, that's all," i shut the kitchen door and sat on one of the breakfast bar stools. I took out my phone and went to my dad's messages and handed my phone to Michael. I watched as he read the messages, his face changing expressions as he scrolled further down the message.

"At least he said i can come home," i paused

"No, you're not going home. You don't need this right now, Andie, you can stay here as long as you want. My mum doesn't mind and you've only got a couple of weeks left of school," he gave me back my phone and pulled me into a hug.  I whispered a small 'thank you' into his ear. 

"Guys," Luke shouted, causing me and Michael to both pull away from the hug and go to see what was wrong, "When are you coming back in here?" i smiled at him and softly replied with a 'now'. I went and sat on the sofa, Michael sitting next to me. We continued watching Iron Man 2. By the time the film was close to ending, Luke was curled up against Calum, peacefully sleeping, Ashton was spread out on the floor with a pillow next to him and Michael was slowly falling asleep next to me. I waited until he was asleep before walking to my room to grab my duvet, my two pillows and a blanket i used when it was cold. I quietly made my way back to where the guys were. I gently placed a pillow underneath Calum's head and One underneath Luke's. I covered them up with the blanket and made my way to Ashton. I took the pillow from his side and slid it gently under his head, before placing my duvet over his spread out body. Luke started to stir a little bit; opening his eyes and focusing them on me. I gently whispered to him, telling him to get back to sleep. I looked toward Michael, he was clinging onto a cushion from the sofa. I made my way to his room to get his pillow and duvet. I did the same to him as i did for Luke, Calum and Ashton. My eyes caught the wall clock. It was 5:30 and i didn't see the point in trying to sleep, so i changed into my oversized A day to Remember tee and some baggy shorts. I placed my hair into the usual messy bun and slid on some slippers. The sun was rising and the moon was setting, the hedgehogs were going home and the birds were singing. It was lovely and peaceful to see from the window. I made a cup of tea and went to sit on the bench and watch it. I was caught in a daze so strong i did not notice a tall figure behind me until their hands made contact with my shoulders. I looked to my left to see Michael. We smiled at each other and watched the sunrise side by side. I leant into his side and closed my eyes, his arms made their way around my back as he pulled me in closer. I sat, cuddled into Michael, just thinking about life; it's purpose and all the troubles it has. But then i started thinking about everything that has gone wrong in just the past week and how am i ever going to be able to cope with it all, and what to do with school tomorrow and exams. I was ruining the moment trapped in a circle of good things turning into something bad. For example, being friends with Michael. That's good, in-fact, it's one of the best decisions that i have ever made in my life. He is very significant to me. However, we both know that nothing lasts forever and nothing stays the same. How will i cope without him when everything goes belly-up? I will be about as useful as a chocolate fire-guard; I won't last long. By now, I'm sure you've probably figured out that i am not safe with my mind at the best of times.

"Andie," Michael's voice was croaky and full of exhaustion

"Yeah?" i replied, snapping out of my thoughts

"It's nice," he paused for a second "to have you living with me. The guys love you and so does my mum and dad. And i love having you around,"  i smiled at his kind words and leaned in closer to him.  We both lost track of time and were disturbed from our moment by a tired Calum.

"ugh, it's too early," he came toward me and Michael and sat opposite us "why are you up so early?" we both just laughed at him. I got up from my seat and went to make him a drink, quietly creeping through the lounge and to the kitchen. I made the drinks; one for Calum and one for Michael. I placed them down on the table earning a smile from each of them. 

"i'm going to shower and change," i walked to the bathroom and turned on the shower, undressing and getting in. The lukewarm water rushed over my body. I stood there, enjoying the feeling of the water over me. I washed my hair and cleaned my body. I stopped the shower and wrapped myself into a towel. I dried my body and changed into my black shirt and black skinny jeans. I wrapped my hair into another towel and pulled my Blink 182 hoodie over my head. It smelt like home. Oh, how i missed home a lot. I mean, i don't miss home as a whole, i mean i miss certain aspects of home like my room and my mum and how my dad would bring me up a cup of tea every morning. I got out of the bathroom and went to dry my hair. I put it into a side plait whilst i applied the usual eyeliner and mascara to my face. I took my plait out and left my hair to it's natural appearance; curly.

I walked back through the house, noticing that Luke was gone and Ashton was still trapped in a world of longing and fantasy where everything goes as planned; aka, his dream. I walked outside to see Luke sat in my seat, he turned around when he saw me and got up.

"No, it's fine. I'm going out now, i just thought I'd let you know," i smiled putting on my creepers, grabbing my phone and plugging in my headphones, pressing play on my music. I walked to my room and grabbed my bag, putting in my song book and a pen. I made my way to the front door, only to see Michael stood there, looking concerned

"Where are you going?" he asked

"Just out for a walk, that's all," i smiled trying to get past but he stopped me

"Can i come with you?" i wanted to be alone, so i could write my thoughts and feelings down and put them into a song, but i didn't want to be rude. I nodded my head and waited for him to change and get ready. It only took him five minutes to be ready at the door. I smiled, taking out my headphones and opening the door, walking out and down the road.

"Where are we going?" he asked,

"Somewhere special," i smiled, making it out to be a big adventure. We walked and talked at the same time. Talking about the good times and the bad. It felt good to talk to him. It was like he was the only person in the world who understood what i meant, even when i didn't. Which lead me on to thinking about what would happen if we ever did drift away from each other and before i knew it, i was over thinking again, drifting from reality and entering a world of sadness and pain, only to be entered in another lifetime. I was snapped out when Michael started to question me

"sorry. what?" i asked, looking at his face filled with concern

"What are you thinking about?"

"Nothing," i lied "We're here," i screamed jumping up and down, grabbing his hand and making him run to the edge of the river where i sat last night. I sat down in the same spot .

"It's so nice down here," he smiled "is that why you come down here?" i nodded

"I've only been here once, but i like it because no one really comes down here and i can be alone,"