chapter 2

Once we got to Michael's, his mum greeted me again, questioning my appearance and why i was not at school.

"Mum, please, just leave it," Michael spoke softly, trying not to sound disagreeable. I hid behind Michael, not really feeling too welcome in the Clifford home at the moment, but i knew i was.

"So, wanna play video games?" Michael winked at me; his favourite thing to do was play video games, to tell the truth, apart from reading, video games were my favourite thing, too. We sat playing games for the day and eating pizza. That's thing about Michael, he knows how to make you feel better, which was exactly what he did. He had his own things to be doing, but he called off the entire day with his band, writing new songs for their EP, just to make sure i was okay, and that's why i love him.

"Hey, Man!" Calum called as he walked through Michael's bedroom door with Luke and Ashton following behind "Oh, hey, Andie!" he added, noticing that i was with Michael.

"Hey," i smiled at them

"So, we've been writing some new songs today, and we figured that you'd wanna read a couple, tell us which one you like the most, you can help if you want, Andie?" Luke spoke smiling, trying to make me feel apart of their group. I figured that they knew why Michael couldn't spend the day with them and that's why they were so considerate. I picked up a sheet, and began reading the words inked onto the slightly tinted paper.

"This one's good," i smiled holding up the paper for them to see which one i was referring to.

"Yeah, that's the one we liked the most, we just wanted t' run it past you guys first," Ash smiled. I handed Michael the paper and watched him read it. A smile rose upon his face,

"This one," he smiled, grabbing his guitar and playing some chords.

As the hours passed, the day was nearly at its end. The sun was setting and the birds were making their way home to their families. "I should probably be getting off," I smiled, saying my goodbyes to the guys. Michael followed me out "Thank you," Michael offered to walk me home, but it was late and he'd already done enough for me. So i rejected his offer and made my way home to face my, probably either: disappointed or mad, parents. As i walked through the door, i noticed my mum sat on the kitchen island,

"dinner is in the fridge, I'm off to work, see you tomorrow," she kissed my head, clearly unaware of the absence of me throughout the day. I smiled, knowing that her job was tiring and she barely got any sleep.

I made my way to my room, but as i was walking, i passed a mirror and the reflection of myself. it'd been a long time since i last weighed myself. "No, not again," i said to myself, knowing that if i was to weigh myself, that would stay with me for the rest of my teen years and probably after, too. I decided to walk away, divert from the hesitation to know my weight and went to make some green tea.

As the night grew darker my thoughts got louder, before i knew it, i was in the bathroom standing on the scales, tears rolling down my face at the number which was below me. To you, 9st7lb might not be a large number, but to me it is.  I made my way back to my room, my eyeliner and mascara now displaced and all over my face from the tears, I tried to close my eyes and sleep, but i couldn't. I was falling apart and no one was there to save me. I wanted nothing more than the presence of another human who understood me. Michael, I wanted to text him, but i couldn't burden my problems on him. That wasn't fair. So i closed me eyes, and cried myself to sleep.

The next day i woke up tired from last nights events. I walked to the bathroom and took a shower and changed into the same uniform i wore yesterday. Sat in my room, staring at the mirror, eyeliner in one hand the other one roaming my face as i applied my eyeliner with a wing. I grabbed my bag, skipping breakfast again, and walked out making my way to school. Oh, how i dreaded today. But i knew i couldn't miss another day, not with exams starting in less than three weeks.

I walked into school, keeping my eyes on my feet to avoid contact with other people, and made my way to tutor. I sat at the back of the class with my headphones in, alone, how i liked it. This was only because all the girls in my tutor did not like the way i dressed or applied my make up. So i sat alone, like usual. The bell rang and i walked to History. I personally hate History and the reason for that is this: my teacher likes to pick on me and make me feel like a failure. As i entered his class, i took out my book and wrote the date and title and waited for his instructions.

"Okay class," he spoke, "today we are going to be doing revision because you sit your history essay in two weeks," he said, toneless. Once he had set the task, i did as i was told. I'm not one to eavesdrop, however, i knew that it was about me, so i listened.

"She's so emo,"

"I know," they stopped and looked at me, thinking i didn't notice.

"She's so fat," they both laughed, I'd had enough already and we were only an hour into the school day, i grabbed my bag and walked out, making my way out of school.