Chapter 12

Austin's POV

I was requested to be seen by Spencer today and I didn't know why. He never really wanted to speak to me ever since he thought I was too happy and talkative for this group. Which was fine, I didn't mind be consider the happy kid.

When I got to headquarters I walked right in and headed to his little office. Two guys stood on either side of the door.

"Can I go in? Spencer asked for me." I told them.

"You are?" One asked.

"Austin."

The other nodded and opened up the door letting me in.

I walked right in and as soon as I was a few feet in the door was slammed shut and I was knocked to the ground.

"You think you can just take some of my money Carlile?" He spat kicking me in the stomach.

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused. I hadn't taken any money from him. I always gave my share without hesitation.

"Don't lie to me kid. I can have you killed!"

"I didn't-"

I didn't get my reply out as he kicked me again. The beating escalated quickly and I didn't get a chance to me. I was thrown around and beaten until I could barely move again.

I was thrown out of the house, literally. I was on the ground slowly getting up but only falling back down. My entire body hurt and I was sure something was probably broken.

I let out a groan as I just sat on the yard not wanting to move at all when I saw Vic walk past alone. Maybe he wouldn't notice me and would just keep walking. I didn't want him to see me like this.

I stood up slowly letting out a groan.

"Austin?"

"Hey Vic, fancy seeing you here," I told him trying to act like I didn't just get beaten to a pulp. Vic gave me a less than impressed look as he stopped and looked at me. I gave him a smile, "Where you headed?"

"I have some business to attend to," he said lightly.

"That's fun, that's cool. Have a good day."

I started my way the opposite direction of Vic. With every step I wanted to scream, but I'd be fine.

"Austin, you're hurt. Come on," Vic said with a sigh.

"What? I'm fine, I've never felt better than I do right now."

"You just got the shit beat out of you." He said, rolling his eyes.

"It's fine. This stuff happens sometimes," I told him and went on walking while he followed.

"Yeah, I know it happens but that doesn't mean you have to deal with it alone."

I gave him a skeptical look, "Why are you tolerating me right now?"

Vic sighed and gave me an irritated look. "Kellin made me promise to be nice to you," he said bitterly.

"Well you don't have to."

"Well too bad because my boyfriend wants me to so I'm going to."

I rolled my eyes, "You can just leave me be I'm not gonna force you to be nice to me. I just need to get home and clean myself up a little before I come pick up Alan for our date tonight."

"I'm going to help you get cleaned up. If Alan sees you like this, he's going to freak out."

"Fine then."