Chapter 3.

Lauren woke up in the king-size bed with her back to Camila. She heard that the brunette was still sleeping next to her. Her breathing was rhythmic and calming. Lauren slipped out as quiet as she could out of the bed and headed for the bathroom. She looked into the mirror and gasped. Her make-up that she had put on last-night was smudged all over her face. She looked like a sad panda with her mascara running out all over her face.

Latina grabbed a small towel and put in under the cold water. She slowly brought it to her face and started to wipe the make-up off, and with it she wiped off the tears that had run over her face last night. She had cried for what felt like hours in front of their small house, but in reality it was only a half an hour. When she had entered their room, Camila was already sleeping.

Lauren was glad that she didn't have to deal with tough questions from Camila, that she for sure couldn't answer. Lauren stepped inside of the shower and let the hot water run all over her. Lauren thought about last night. She had witnessed a lot of fights, or awkward silences during one of the family dinners, but this one was by far the worst one yet. Nobody had even dared to say a single word, it was sad actually.

Normally her family was chatty, nice and funny. Last night, her family was quite and awkward. Brunette felt sorry for Camila. She had just met all those new people, and then she was put in such an awkward position. But she did deserve props for the way she handled it. Lauren's mind went back to their kiss. Even though Lauren knew that it was just to make Paul jealous, she did really like it. She wondered if Camila had felt the same rate of electricity when they kissed like she had felt. Lauren heard a knock on the bathroom door.

'Lauren, are you in there?' Lauren had finished showering and was now staring blankly into the mirror.

'Yes, I'm in here. Wait I'm coming.'

Lauren opened the door and was immediately met with Camila with a worried look on her face.

'Lauren, are you okay? I was trying to stay awake, but I was so tired. What did he say?'

Lauren shrugged. She didn't feel the need to tell her whole story to Camila. She wasn't ready. Paul's hurt eyes flashed in front of Lauren's face. Maybe she didn't really give him a chance to explain properly. A feeling of guilt washed over Lauren. Paul really did seem sorry when he tried to talk to her, and what had she done? Screamed against him and what for? And then the text flashed back into Lauren's mind. That's why she was so mad at Paul. The text with which he had ended years and years of happiness, and he needed to know how much he had hurt her.

Lauren was suddenly content with herself that she had stood up against him. A couple of years ago, she would have just taken him back when he had made one mistake. At least, she had said what she wanted, but now she did need to listen to what Paul had to say. It seemed only fair to hear his side of the story. And then maybe finally Lauren would get an answer to the question that had run through her mind for the last couple of months. Why did he leave?

'Lauren, you can talk to me.'

Camila tried again, but Lauren didn't want to talk. Camila was biased. She didn't know Paul, so she wouldn't be much of help. But whom could Lauren talk to? Alexa? No way, she liked the girl, but she wasn't the best in giving advice. She gave people second chances like they didn't even do anything wrong. Her mom? No way. She would cry for sure, and Lauren had cried enough for the last 24 hours. Erica. She would talk to Erica. She wasn't the nicest girl out there, but at least she would get a straight answer from her. She wouldn't try to spare her feelings, and frankly Lauren could use that.

The way that everyone kept tiptoeing around the whole Paul business was getting on her nerves. She wasn't that girl from high school anymore that was broken hearted for months over a boy. Camila kept looking at her with pleading eyes, but Lauren just walked right past her into the living room.