;;nine

Youngjae ran through the hospital's hallways, trying to find Jaebum's room. After Mark told him the story, everything was like a puzzle. Everything is all in place, except there was a missing piece. And it was Jaebum.

Youngjae stood in front of a door, Room 278. With his shaky hands, he slowly opened it, revealing a doctor with a nurse, and a brown-haired man with Jaebum's sister.

Those two people might be the voices Jaebum heard, Youngjae thought. Finally, Mark caught up with Youngjae.

"Youngjae.." Mark tried to catch his breath, since he literally chased Youngjae around the hospital.

"Mark!" The brown-haired man greeted as he waved at him, "Jinyoung, is he awake?" Mark asked as he tiptoed, trying to look over the doctor's shoulders.

Jinyoung slowly nodded, making Youngjae's breath hitch. Mark noticed this as he sighed. The doctor who checked on Jaebum greeted Mark, as he and the nurse got out of the room, with Jinyoung trailing behind him.

"Oh, Nora. We should give Youngjae and Jaebum some privacy." Mark said as he motioned her to come out of the room with him.

Nora stood up as she greeted Youngjae, giving him a sad smile before proceeding to head out of the room. Now, The couple were alone in the room.

Youngjae slowly walked to Jaebum, who was lying down on the hospital bed while staring at the ceiling.

"J-Jaebum?" Youngjae finally said, feeling his tears roll down his cheeks. Jaebum didn't respond, as he was only staring at the ceiling, no emotion on his face.

"I-I missed you.." Youngjae trailed off as he held Jaebum's hand, "Coco misses you too.." He sniffled while wiping away his tears.

"You look like a mess, you're so skinny..How about we talk...and then eat?" Youngjae said, using Jaebum's iconic line trying to lift the mood up.

Youngjae played with Jaebum's fingers, still not getting any response. "Hey, remember that time you told me you were going to bring me on a date? You jerk, Mark told me you were gonna propose..."

"Youngjae?" Youngjae gasped as he looked at Jaebum, tears rolling down on Jaebum's pale cheeks. "Jaebum? You remember me?" Youngjae smiled, hugging Jaebum.

But Youngjae realized something, Jaebum had still not looked at him. His eyes widened, as he quickly pulled away.

"Jaebum...Can you see me?"