;;alternate ending

Youngjae walked up to the door, breathless. He could hear Mark calling for him but he couldn't waste time. He needed to see Jaebum.

Slowly, his hand went to the door knob. He opened it, his eyebrows scrunching in confusion.

"Y-Youngjae," Mark called, finally caught up with him. He saw the confusion written all over Youngjae's face as his eyes wandered around the room.

Mark felt his breathing hitched, a lump forming in his throat as he stared at the crying Jinyoung who was sat on the ground. Jaebum's sister, Nora, comforting him as she was silently crying as well.

"J-Jinyoung," Mark called, all eyes on him now. "W-Where's Jaebum?" Mark said, seeing no signs of Jaebum inside his supposed room.

Jinyoung looked at Youngjae, who was trembling. Jinyoung kept his head down, and shook his head.

"Jinyoung." Mark called sternly, his fists clenching.

Youngjae was startled when Jinyoung suddenly kicked the hospital bed. Youngjae bursted into tears when Jinyoung started yelling.

"Mark! Are you stupid?! He's gone!"

🌹

Youngjae bit his lip, staring at his dead boyfriend. Mark was smart enough to let Youngjae in alone, knowing he'd want to have some privacy.

Youngjae let out a shaky breath as his hands reached for the white cloth, his hands shaking.

Slowly, he took it off.

Youngjae bursted into tears when he saw Jaebum's pale face, all of their memories coming back to him.

His trembling hand reached for Jaebum's, as he gripped on it tight. Tears kept rolling down his cheeks as his other hand reached for Jaebum's face before he started caressing it.

"Y-You told me we'd be happy," Youngjae paused, trying to calm himself. "Jaebum," Youngjae called, staring at Jaebum's face.

"I don't feel happy at all."

🌹

2 years later

Youngjae woke up, he stretched his arms as he rolled around his bed. He sat up and stared at his clock. He was 2 and a half hours early. Weird.

After Jaebum's burial, He didn't go anywhere for a month. After that, he usually wakes up 30 minutes before the shop would open.

When I said usually, I meant like the whole two years.

His eyes went on the picture of him and Jaebum when they went on a picnic, him wearing the pink hoodie Jaebum got him. He smiled as he remembered how a random dog took Jaebum's sandwich. He giggled.

He got up and went to his bathroom to brush his teeth but his eyes widened when he saw a reddish purple mark under his jaw.

It looked like a newly made bruise.

Youngjae tilted his head in confusion, but shrugged since he's been bumping into walls for no reason these days. Maybe that's the reason.

He walked downstairs and into the kitchen, smiling at Coco who was excited for food. He bent down and opened the cabinet to get Coco's dog food.

"Huh?" Was all Youngjae could say when dog food Youngjae just bought was missing. He stood up straight as he scratched his head in confusion. He was sure that he placed it down there.

His eyes wandered around the kitchen and saw it sitting on the table. How did that get there?

He shrugged and took it, only to discover a familiar looking sandwich sitting on a plate behind it.

I don't remember making that. I live alone.

Youngjae turned around and screamed when he saw a man sitting on the counter, staring at him.

"Surprise"

Youngjae stared at Jaebum in shock. He couldn't believe it. The box of dog food was already on the ground, some of it fell out causing it to scatter on the ground, which Coco was now calmly munching on.

Jaebum was wearing a white hospital gown, he looked the same but he looked slightly scary. Maybe because he was paler than the last time.

"J-Jaebum?" Youngjae said, he felt a shiver ran down his spine when Jaebum smiled at him.

"You still remember me?" Jaebum asked, getting off the counter. "O-Ofcourse," Youngjae stuttered, his teeth slightly chattering since it suddenly became cold.

"Being a dead ghost feels different. Is it the same for you?" Jaebum asked, walking towards Youngjae. Youngjae was trying his best not to burst in tears just by hearing his voice.

Oh how I missed it.

Youngjae nodded. Jaebum could see how Youngjae was trying to bit back his tears. "Youngjae, I'm sorry." Jaebum sighed. "I-I failed. I wasn't strong e-enough."

Youngjae's eyes jerk towards him. Jaebum was crying. "I'm here for the last time. Move on and be happy, okay?" Jaebum said, smiling as his tears rolled down his pale cheeks.

Youngjae didn't realize he was already crying until Jaebum's hand went up to his face.

He placed his hand on Youngjae's cheek. Well, he was supposed to. Jaebum's hand went through Youngjae, Youngjae shivering at the coldness.

Jaebum felt light, as he sighed. "I'll be watching over you, so don't worry." Jaebum smiled sadly.

"Bye, Youngjae. I love you so much."

Youngjae shook his head. "When the time comes, I'll see you soon."

Youngjae breathed heavily, seeing Jaebum wasn't there anymore.

He didn't had the chance to tell him the most important thing.

"I love you too."

--

: )