Secrets

Lucius and Severus just blinked their eyes several times.

"Any specific reason why?" Lucius asked cautiously.

"Why yes, of course. You honestly did not think I would go randomly declaring war did you? No, no, the Potter family and I have several long lasting disputes."

"Such as?" Severus prodded.

"Well, for starters, James Potter is my dearest cousin." Murtagh said 'dearest' with a hint of mockery. That the caught instantly, what took a bit of digesting, was the fact fact that James and Murtagh were cousins.

"Say what now?" Severus asked a bit out of the norm.

"I am going to tell you a story, now, whether you believe this story or not is entirely up to you, but I would have you know, it is the truth."

"Get on with it than." Lucius ordered.

"Morzan Morzansson, sort of an ironic name really, met a Gryffindor girl. Needless to say, she was a Gryffindor. At first they did not get along, but soon Morzan came around. Eventually, tied with their beliefs in blood purity, and the need for more confirmed world order, they decided to join together in marriage, with the knowledge that their child, would be far more powerful than anything they could ever hope to recreate.

"And that is exactly what happened. The two were not in helpless love, no, but they were fond of each other. Love, no, but the fondness was no doubt there. There was not a doubt in anyone's mind.

"This girl, just so happened to be a Potter girl, Heir to the Potter fortune through the birth of her son and her father. Needless to say, they lived a lovely life.

"Their child they named Murtagh Morzansson, and he was going to be great. They could feel it.

"However, there were other powers at work. Charlus Potter, youngest of the three children of the Potter family, wanted the fortune. Unfortunately, as youngest he had no claim unless his brother and sister died, and his sister's child along with.

"They concoted a plan. Morzan and Jane Potter died, in mysterious circumsance. No trails led to them, no witnesses, just a body. The male heir of the Potter family was dropped off by his uncle to a muggle hospital. The hospital, when they failed to be able to contact the boy's uncle, decided to take him to the orphanage, when the boy was healed. For years the boy stayed at the orphanage. He knew he had magic, and he knew where Diagon Ally was. So he began to learn by reading books from there. All the while, waiting. Waiting for the hopeless family members to do something. They never came. Until, one day, he came across an article, which told of his death. Furious and angry, he ran back home. And vowed, he would always, always get revenge.
"Now you know me." Murtagh said.

You should show them. Thorn cut in.

You do realize just how dangerous that is, right?

I will help you, you have nothing to worry about.

Thorn,

If you are going to get your revenge, they need to know everything.

Including you.

Yes.

Fine. Tonight. I will show them tonight.

Good.

"Interesting story. How do we know it's true?" Lucius was asking. Murtagh blinked himself into the present.

"You are a Prefect, right?" Murtagh asked, directing his question towards Lucius.

"Yes, I am, Head Prefect, actually."

"Good."

"Why is that good?" Severus asked. "We are missing something." It was a statement, not a question. Murtagh just smiled mysteriously.

"Yes, you are. But, you will not figure that out, not yet. We need to get out of the castle tonight."

"Why?" Lucius asked. he was not in the habit of sneaking children out of the hogwarts castle.

"Because, you want to know whether or not I am telling you the truth. I will show you tonight. but not within the castle."

"And why not?"

"Are you that stupid?" Murtagh asked bluntly, causing both Lucius and Severus to bristle. "Dumbledore has spies everywhere. Not just people. Animals, paintings, ghosts. We need to be away. I can't risk him knowing anything until time. I know you both are loyal to Lord Slytherin, so it is not a far reach to believe that you dislike Dumbledore, at the very least. Meaning that I can trust you, relatively."

"Fine." Lucius resigned. "Where are we going?" Murtagh's blue eyes glinted.

"Meet me at the doors at ten."

"But...Hey! Where are we going??"

"The Forest." He said simply, as if it was obvious. He rushed off before they could shout out at him.

Lucius and Severus looked at each other.

"Looks like we are going into the forest." Severus said.

"Great." Lucius said sarcastically, with great emphasis.

"It can't be that bad. besides, will will have followed Lord Slytherin's orders. Is that not what we need?"

"True. Still, I do not have to be happy about it."