Chapter 5

• Dedicated to Rydel Lynch

It has been three weeks since Ross was in the hospital, and he was out two days ago. I still haven't gotten the gut to get the piece of paper out from my jewelry box to call him yet. I finally decided it was now or never.

My palm was sweating as I dug through my tote to find my phone. I tapped on 'Ross Lynch' and got the call in progress screen. I chickened out and snapped my phone shut. Seconds later I heard a beep. Maybe a text would be better. I snapped the phone open and typed: hey. just wanted to say hi and c how ur doing. Txt me back?

Seconds later I got a text back: doing great! :) my concussion is btr. hey, call meh.

I dug through my contacts and got the call in progress screen again. But also again, I chickened out and snapped the phone shut. I felt gloomy. Walking over to my closet, I pulled out my old guitar, blowing dust off of it. I sat down on my bed and began to strum and sing:

You're on my mind

Every night

And in the morning when I wake

Don't leave me lonely

Can you just hold me

Together before I break

I just can breath

Without you without you

I'm so lonely

Without you without you

I just can't be

Without you without y-

I was interrupted by a knock on the front door. I put my guitar back and heard yet another beep from my phone. I ignored it and sped downstairs to open the door. It was Alex. I literally grabbed her and we crashed on the couch.

Alex made herself clear. "Tell. Me. Everything!"

For the next half hour I told Alex about what happened after she went home, when I was at the hospital, and everything else. I had finished the story in one big breath and my face flushed at the flirting part. In the end, Alex and I ended up screaming and jumping on the couch.

Alex left after dinner. Right at 7:00 Ross texted me: my place. 2morrow @ 1 pm. c ya!

Once again I fangirled. It's not everyday a celebrity tells you to come to their house. Everything was just right.