Chapter 14

• Dedicated to Stormie Lynch

The next morning I sat on the bed sobbing. I heard the front door click open.

"Hey," I heard Alex say. "Ross was just acting Bri. I'm sure he doesn't like Laura."

"But you don't get it!" I said between sobs. "Laura said 'she won'! What is that even supposed to mean? I'm not even supposed to like Ross! We're just 'buddies'. W-w-why?" My phone rang and (surprise surprise) it was Ross. This made me cry harder and I hurled the phone at the wall. "L-l-look, Alex, I love you like a s-sister, b-but can y-you just l-l-let me have some alone t-time today?"

Alex gave me a bear hug and started out the door, stopping in the doorway. "Go talk to Ross today. It'll be alright." Then the door slammed.

Da-da-ding-da! My phone sang the tune it always does when I have a new voice mail (from Ross, surprise surprise again). I opened my phone and heard a shaky breath mixed with anger and sadness. "H-hey Bri. I need to talk to you. Come over to my house 'kay?" I slammed my phone.

I walked the whole way to Ross's house, and didn't even cut through the park like I always do. I wanted to have some extra time to think. My hands were shaking as I pressed the doorbell. I noticed Ross didn't open the door immediately like he used to. Finally, the front door clicked open and I was greeted by an apron-wearing Stormie. "Hello dear. Ross is in his room."

As soon as i stepped in Ross and Ryland's room, Ryland was ordered out and the door was locked.

"WHAT THE HELL?" Ross yelled. I was taken aback at his bitterness and cursing word.

"LOOK I'M SORRY, OKAY? I DIDN'T WANT TO SEE YOU AND LAURA ALL LOVEY-DOVEY, OKAY?" I yelled back.

"WHY? WE'RE BUDDIES, REMEMBER? Why were you jealous?" Ross said the last part with a shaky breath.

I couldn't take this anymore. "BECAUSE I LOVE YOU OKAY? I LOVE LOVE YOU! I LOVED YOU THE FIRST TIME I LAID EYES ON R5! I love you..." I said with tears in my eyes.

"NO YOU DON'T! YOU NEVER LOVED ME LIKE I LOVED YOU! YOU JUST WANTED MY MONEY AND FAME THIS WHOLE TIME, RIGHT?" 

"What?" I couldn't believe Ross said that. After all we've been through, after all our adventures...he thinks I'm a gold digger too?

"I. Have. Proof."

I narrowed my eyes. "Yeah. I would sure like to see your 'proof'!"

Ross carried his computer over to where I'm sitting and started a video.

The first scene was the one of me and Laura in the bathroom.

"What makes you think I like him? I don't like him!"

The next scene was the one where Laura had me pushed up against the wall.

"Right, right and I am a gold digger. I only love Ross for his money. I just want to tell everyone Ross is my boyfriend."

The last scene was again the one in the bathroom.

"Oh yes! I just pretend to love Ross just to get his money and to meet celebrities!"

Ross closed his laptop and stood up. "Who gave you that?" I asked.

"Laura. And she'll be a better girlfriend than you'll ever be."

LAURA! That snobby butted queen jerk! "No! No! Ross she edited out the good parts! She thought I was competition so she made the video to make you believe that I'm bad. Don't you trust me?"

Ross sighed and looked at his feet. "How can I trust you anymore? How...? J-just go."

"Ross I-" I took one look at Ross with a few tears in his eyes and his head down, and knew it was no use. He had lost all trust in me. I turned around and ran out of his room. In the living room I was greeted by Mark, who noticed my tears and joked "He's a player, ain't he?" which made me cry more, running faster than I ever had.

Johnson:1, Marano:1,000,000.