Chapter 8

• Dedicated to Kevin Kopelow (Austin and Ally Producer)

Ding-dong!

It was 7:00 in the morning when I heard a doorbell. I propped myself up into an upright position and ran a hand through my messy hair. I dragged my feet down the stairs and opened the door.

"What do you want?" I asked, still half-asleep and very grumpy. I am SO not a morning person.

"Well hi to you too Sally Sunshine," a voice teased me.

"Look, just say what you need to say and get the heck outta here - wait...Ross?" I actually opened my eyes to see who it is. It is Ross! What am I wearing? Oh no, just a lacy tank top (See-through! Yikes!) and shorts. "Oh my gawsh sorry! I didn't mean that. I. Am. Not. A. Morning. Person."

"No prob. It took me two Red Bulls to get me here but, hey! I'm here!" Ross said forgivingly, eyeing my appearance.

I blushed and shrugged on my robe. "So, what brings you here?" I raked a hand over my hair over and over as Ross took a seat.

"A car," Ross jokes. "Nawh, I'm just messing. I have something to ask you."

"Hmm?"

"How would you like..." Ross knelt down on one knee on the carpet.

Omigosh he is going to propose! Omigosh omigosh! Wait...I'm not even his girlfriend...

"...to go to the UK with me?" Ross finishes while pulling out a plane ticket from his back pocket.

"Oh let me think...no," I answered.

Ross's face drooped.

"Kidding! Kidding! I'd love to!" I said as relief washed across Ross's face.

"Yay!" Ross said in a childish voice while looking at me through his blonde eyelashes like a kid begging for candy.

"So...who else is going?"

"No one. Just me and you. Just toi et moi. Just-"

"Okay. Okay. I get it. Why isn't anyone else going?"

"Well, I only got an extra ticket. Riker has another Glee tour, so my parents and Ryland and Rocky are going. Rydel has to shoot for 'Bunheads'. And Ratliff, well, he just wants to hang with Kelly. We're going for a taping of 'Austin & Ally' in France. We have plenty of time to explore though."

"Well I'm happy to be your-" I ticked off my fingers. "1,2,3,4,5,6,7...8th choice." I beamed with sarcasm.

Ross suddenly became very interested in his shoes. "Actually you were my first choice."

I blushed and looked up at Ross. At the same time he looked up, also blushing. We just stared at each other for a while. Then, Ross inched closer, and closer, and closer, and...

"Achoo!" I gave off a large sneeze, spitting all over Ross.

Ross stood there for a while, processing what just happened. Ohmygawd! I just sneezed on Ross Lynch! While he was trying to kiss me! "I am so, so sorry!"

Ross chuckled. "Haha, well they say love is for all seasons. Unlucky for me this is allergy season."

"Here let me get you a-what? Did you just say l-l-love is for all seasons?" I handed Ross a towel, thinking about what he said.

Ross looked a little embarrassed as he wiped my saliva out of his face. "Yeah...c-cuz I love ya budddyyy," Ross tried to cover up, giving me an unenthusiastic punch in the arm.

"Hehe, hehe." I couldn't help laughing. It was kind of funny.

"Heh." Ross joined in.

"Hahahahaha!" I started to laugh a little uncontrollably.

"Hahahahahahaha!!!" Ross caught the laughing bug too.

Eventually we were guffawing and we dropped on to the carpet. We closed our eyes and kept laughing and pausing for short gasps of breaths.

"Hehhh..." I started to control my laughs.

"Ha." Ross had controlled himself too.

For a moment we just lied there on the floor clutching our sore stomachs and wiping tears from our eyes. It was also the first time I noticed I had fallen on top of Ross when we started laughing and he was still under me. I laid my head on his chest, not embarrassed at all.

"Buddy," I said, lightly punching Ross on the arm.