Chapter 10

• Dedicated to Laura Marano

"Please fasten your seatbelts ladies and gentlemen we are now preparing to land," the co-pilot said as the message ended with a crackle.

The plane tilted its head slightly forward as we landed on the runway. I looked out the window. Unlike the beachy Cali, the UK's landscape was full of tall buildings and twinkling lights. I managed to mutter an out of breath "Wow."

"Amazing isn't it?" Ross said, placing his hand gently on mine and smiling at me, those hazel eyes twinkling like the lights outside.

As soon as we stepped off the plane, a long, white limo was parked right there in the runway. "Mr.Lynch and his..." the chauffeur took one look at our intertwined fingers and said "...his girlfriend? I'm here to pick you up and drop you off to your hotel."

Ross blushed. "Please. Call me Ross. And this is Brianna. She's just a...friend." I smiled and waved.

For a moment we just stood there. "Ahem." The cheauffer gestured to the open door. "Right." We stepped in.

The limo had its own soundproof little section for the driver and the guests. There was a port to plug in an iPod to jam with. I took out my iPod and plugged it in. "Don't you want to choose a song?" I smiled at Ross and said "I think you know all the songs I have."

Ross mouthed "Righttt...." remembering I was also a fan, not just a friend.

An edgy tune started to play and I knew what it was right away. "No. I won't buy you daisies. I won't call you baby. Cause that don't work."

"And I know. How to get you crazy, how to make you want me. So bad it hurts."

Me and Ross sang 'Bad Enough For You', our voices cracking while singing "Tonight, tonight, TONIGHT!"

We burst out in major giggles while 'Without You' started to play. Ross looked me in the eyes and sang "I...just can't be without you, without you..." I was blushing, I knew it. That time in the limo we sang and danced so hard the limo almost tilted over (I'm serious, the limo driver opened this little window in between the sector and asked us to stop).

We got the Dukes Hotel in London. It. Was. Humungous! There were chandeliers hanging from every free spot on the ceiling. Ross went over to the receptionist and told the lady who we were. "Mr.Lynch? May I see your ID?" Ross looked a little uneasy. "Umm...sure." He took out his ID. The lady broke into a series of snorting and laughing as she handed Ross the key. Ross quickly shoved his ID back in his pocket.

"What was that about?" I asked, opening a bottle of water.

"No-nothing," Ross replied, opening the suite door.

I made a 'Hmmm' sound and reached for his ID. He held it up above his head. I grabbed the ID. "Not every person is 5 feet Ross." I took a look at the ID and spurted out my water. It was the most hilarious picture ever. Ross had his face to the side and his eyes closed. From his nose was snot shooting out.

"Hey!" Ross said snatching back the ID. "There was no retakes and no one said to smile."

"No one said to sneeze either," I fired back, swallowing my last giggles.

"Unfortunately, I was not an icon back at the time," Ross said, stepping into the suite.

I put my baggage down and went to explore. The dining room had a single small round table. The living room had a Mac and a TV with a Wii and a couch. Lastly, I stopped at the master bedroom, staring at the bed. "There's only...one bed."

Ross smirked. "It has a sector."

That night I took a quick shower and changed into a spaghetti strap top and shorts. When I got out, Ross was already sleeping. I sat down by him for a while, watching his mouth blow his hair out of his face with every breath. Then, I took off his Converse and tucked him in. After, I climbed into the opposite side.

The next morning I woke up and felt something warm beside me. Oh no. I forgot the sector last night. "Stupid!" I said, a tad bit too loud. Ross stirred beside me, but remained asleep. I tried to get out of bed, but our legs were tangled together and mine was at the bottom. I decided to just look at him sleep. I didn't want to wake this sleeping angel up. "We are going to have a heck of a day today. Watch out UK."