Chapter One

Ms. Na gently shook her son to wake up and get ready for school. It's his first day so Jaemin needs to get ready and fix himself. She caressed his hair and planted a kiss on his forehead. Jaemin's eye opened.

"Good morning." his mom greeted him with her usual sweet smile on her face. Jaemin nodded and greeted her too without smiling back. His smile was already gone. But Jaemin isn't a brat and rude boy.

Jaemin's condition has changed after suffering from depression for a year. He realized that if he left, no one would look after his mother. In that moment, Jaemin discovered the meaning of his life. In all situations, he must protect his mother. It was a greater motive to keep him alive and going.

The problem is, he's not the usual bright boy that everyone knows. He became the opposite. His mother is still bothered but thankful, at least Jaemin can live. She blamed herself so much for deciding to divorce with her husband and didn't think of how Jaemin would feel about it. She didn't know that those bad things would cause Jaemin a huge impact.

"Morning."

After waking Jaemin up, his mom left his room to prepare his breakfast and Jaemin started to fix himself. He put on his uniform lazily while yawning and scanning his entire body in the mirror. He left his room when he's already satisfied with his looks.

His mom prepared a sandwich for him and a glass of orange juice. Jaemin didn't forget to thank her mom for her kindness. Mrs. Na is somehow thankful, Jaemin did change a lot but his good heart didn't. But still, she still wishes to bring Jaemin's old self back.

After quietly taking his breakfast, Jaemin told his mom that he's off to school and bids a goodbye before leaving. He got his earphone with him and plugged it into his phone and started to listen to some kpop random songs. Jaemin liked this aura. Ignoring the whole world by having his earphone plugged into his ears. He hates it when someone disturbs him. No one should, or else he'll kill them.

Jaemin placed his hand inside his pocket and waited for the bus to arrive to take him into his new school.

School Of Performing Arts. It was his school's name and it's famous. Majority of the kpop idols came from that school, that's why.

"I'm not even interested in singing. Why did my mom enroll me there?" he whines to himself in a lower tone of voice.

The bus didn't took long and Jaemin manage to arrive early to his new school. He kinda admits that his uniform looks cute and he liked it. He feels like an elite student who studying in an expensive school coz the uniform looks so classy than the other uniforms. Not bad after all.

Jaemin was quietly walking (as usual) while looking for his room. He wanted to ask but on second thought, it will be bothersome so he must look for it alone.

Jaemin isn't that dumb to look something by himself. He's quite used to it and this is an easy task.

When Jaemin found his classroom, he entered the room without uttering a word and looked somewhere to find a seat. Luckily, there is. He found an empty chair at the back of the 3rd row. He quickly sat over there and started surfing on his phone while waiting for their teacher to arrive. Jaemin didn't notice that the majority of the eyes were glancing at him but he didn't give an interest in it. He's busy in his own world.

As time goes by, finally. Their teacher entered the room with a smile on her face and greeted her students, including him. Jaemin hid his phone and started to listen to what she was saying.

"Before I forgot. Class, you have a new friend. May you introduce yourself?" the teacher asked.

As if everyone inside will treat you as a real friend? Some of them will probably treat you as a stupid shit. Jaemin thought.

"Sure."

Jaemin stood up and went in front of his new classmates. He bowed his head before talking.

"Good Morning. I'm Na Jaemin from Chungdam High. Everyone please take care of me. Thank you." and he bowed again. Their homeroom adviser did say something before she ordered him to go back to his seat.

"Hi."

Jaemin was taken aback when his male seatmate greeted him wearing those eye smiles.

"Uhm. Hi." he greeted back and slightly bowed before taking a seat.

"I'm Lee Jeno!" He introduced himself.

Jaemin didn't ask his name so he found it weird but it would be rude if he ignored him so, Jaemin just gave him a nod.

***

It's time for a break. Jaemin's appetite has not yet visited him. He sat back down and reinserted his earphones into his ears. He was ready to begin playing the song when he was interrupted by a touch on the shoulder, prompting him to cast a glance. Jeno was the one.

"Hey. Aren't you hungry?" he asked confusedly while fixing his hair.

"I'm not." he answered with the lower toned voice and removed his gaze.

"Really? Why would you?"

"What do you mean why would I?" he asked back blankly.

Why exactly was this boy talking to him? Is he numb or emotionless like him not to feel that he doesn't like talking now? But there's no way that this one here is emotionless. Just look how he smiles a lot like never in his life he experienced a bitterness of the world unlike him.

"I mean. At this age, probably most of us were craving for food and always hungry. Don't you feel like that?"

"No I don't."

Jeno pursed his lips. "Weird," he murmured, having already finished adjusting his hair. "Okay. I'll see you later." Jeno gave him a wave as he walked away. Jaemin did not reply, instead shaking his head and continuing to gaze at his phone and listen to music.

Jaemin closed his eyes and waited for the time of lessons again. He's bored and gets tired easily but he doesn't mind. Just that, he managed to survive the whole day even though his seatmate kept talking to him like they were already friends. To be honest, he was irritated by the boy, but he just ignored him.

Jaemin closed the zipper on his bag once he had finished fixing his belongings and was ready to leave. He's quite drowsy and wants to get into bed as soon as possible.

"Hey, you're going home already?" there he goes again.

"Obviously."

"Do you want to hang out? With me and my friends? It's still early though." Jeno asked delightedly.

"Why would I?" Jaemin takes a glimpse of him.

"Uhm well, maybe you wanted to join us or make friends.."

Jaemin let out a sigh and looked at the boy directly into his eyes. "No. I don't want to. Will you please stop talking to me? I'm tired. We're not even friends." Jaemin stated formally, but with a tinge of irritation. Jeno was taken aback for a split second before giving Jaemin a genuine smile.

"Exactly! We're not friends that's why I'll recommend you to join us. You won't regret it!" Jeno giggled and hit Jaemin's shoulder playfully like they were close already.

"Stay away from me. I'm going home." Jaemin puts his backpack with him leaving Jeno pouting and decides to ignore him.

"Okay! I'll see you tomorrow dude! I won't stop persuading you I swear! You will definitely join us!" he heard Jeno yell but he still ignored it.

"Tsk. You wish."

Jaemin's mother was not there when he returned home from school. She is still working in order to provide for both of them. However, Jaemin is not alone. He's in the company of their maid. She's more than a maid, perhaps a guardian when his mother isn't around to care for Jaemin. He calls her a nanny.

"Wanna have something to eat?" his nanny asked but he shook his head.

"No thanks. I'll just sleep. Maybe later."

As Jaemin went to his room, he quickly changed his uniform to a comfortable shirt and sweatpants before climbing up into his bed. In just a second, Jaemin fell asleep.