Chapter Sixteen

~♥~

~♥~

"Will Jaemin be okay?" Lami keeps asking Renjun after rescuing Jaemin from the hole earlier. Luckily, Renjun had the radio and he quickly made an emergency call to inform the teachers near their spot about the accident. They immediately made an action and announced to everyone to go back to the camping site because of the accident that happened. Thank god, even though the hole was quite deep, it's not so deep and Jaemin managed to survive.

"Don't worry, the doctor said he's okay now. Calm down." Renjun said and smiled at her.

"Can we trust him? What if he's lying about Jaemin hyung's condition?" Jisung asked, sounding nervous too and Chenle agreed with him.

"He will not do that. He is a doctor, of course we can trust him."

At that moment when Lami told them that Jaemin fell, Jeno forgot to breathe, it looked like his soul abandoned his body but he managed to calm himself despite how tense he was feeling. Nonsense things keep popping in his head like, what if Jaemin left him? What if he's badly hurt and can't survive? Jeno didn't want to think about those fucking nonsense things but since he's damn nervous that time, he can't help it.

He almost cried in relief when the doctor told them that Jaemin's condition is now stable. He will be fine and they don't need to be worried.

"The reason why he fainted is because of the shock. Let him rest."

"Yah, can you say something? You're scary." Mark said, referring to Jeno who still has not talked since earlier.

He couldn't talk, it looks like he's still not to himself. Jaemin's accident was a great shock to him. Jeno never felt this way before, it's his first time to feel so terrified in his whole life to the point he wasn't able to talk.

What if he really loses Jaemin?

"Jeno, it's okay now. Jaemin is fine." Donghyuck said, trying to peek in his eyes because the older's keeps lowering his head.

"Hey, we should leave him here alone and since Jaemin is okay now, Jeno will be taking care of him." Renjun said and they all agreed and started to leave the room, still glancing at Jeno.

Now that he was left alone, he came closer to the sleeping Jaemin and scanned his figure. He has some bruises and his knee has a bandage too.

Jeno sat beside his bed and carefully brushed Jaemin's hair out of his eyes while holding Jaemin's hand and gently squeezing it. He then laid a kiss on Jaemin's hand.

"Don't you dare to do this again. You're making me crazy." He mumbled and kissed Jaemin's hand again. He's been asleep for about an hour and Jeno misses him already.

Slowly, Jaemin's eyes were opening. He scanned the whole room before directly eyeing this someone sitting beside him who looks like going to scold him anytime.

"J-Jeno? What happened?" Jaemin slowly asked while examining the other's expression.

"You fell earlier. How are you feeling?" He asked gently even though his eyebrows were still puckered.

"My knee, I think I hurt my knee, but I-I'm fine. How about Lami? Is she okay?"

"She's okay. And you're not fine. How could you say that?" Jeno almost hissed.

"I'm really okay now. Don't worry." Jaemin tried to smile and rose up from lying and right then, Jeno let his hand go.

"How can I not worry? My world suddenly stop spinning the moment I heard you fell down to that damn fucking hole and fainted. Don't you have any idea how terrified I was at that time? I felt horrible, like I'm about to lose my mind. I don't care if you don't feel the same towards me but please, don't make me worry and at least take care of yourself if you don't want me hanging around with you. You're so mean!" Jeno bursts out and he's trying not to cry in front of Jaemin but he fails so he quickly turns around. He can't let him see like this, being wretched. JJeno feels extremely vulnerable when it comes to Jaemin, how he wishes that Jaemin is aware of that so he could take himself away from danger.