Chapter Ten

Jaemin was busy watching a variety show called weekly idol when his mother came into the living room and sat beside him. "Tell that friend of yours to come over here." she said and caressed her son's soft hair. It made Jaemin stop laughing and look at his mom in disbelief.

"What?" his eyebrow furrowed.

"That boy with blonde hair. Didn't he walk you here? That's very nice of him. Since I don't have work today, you should invite him. He's your first ever friend since we moved. Another thing, I want to thank him for not giving up on you." She gave him a warm smile.

"Oh. You sound like he's pursuing me for something romantic." Jaemin sarcastically said but his mom chuckled.

"Alright. Whatever. Invite him for me Jaeminie please?"

"But mom, he might refuse. We're kind of busy today because of school work."

Please buy it. 

It's not that Jaemin doesn't want Jeno to come over, but he can't be a bother to Jeno. Who knows? Jeno must have a plan today and he can't come right?

"You're classmates right?"

"Yeah."

"You are not doing any school work. You're always sitting here and watching some drama. What kind of school work are you talking about?" his mother shot him and her eyebrow rose. "Why? Are you shy? Perhaps, do you like that boy?"

"Oh mom, please!" Jaemin avoids his mom's gaze and moves away a little. This kind of topic is making him uncomfortable and shy.

"Kidding. Call him now. I'll make our lunch."

After the short talk, Jaemin's mom stood up and ruffled his son's hair before leaving him in the living room. 

As if Jaemin had a choice? His mom wants it, and because he loves his mom he will do what she wants. Once again, he looked at his mom's figure in disbelief. Maybe she's right? He's too shy to invite him? But how about Renjun, Donghyuck, Mark, Chenle and Jisung? Should he invite them too? 

But Jaemin feels more comfortable with Jeno. Don't get him wrong, Jaemin is comfortable around his friends but it just happened that most of the time, he's with Jeno.

"Mom, I really think he's kinda busy today." he said again but his mom just blankly looked back at him. "Okay I will call him now." he sighs in defeat and browses on his phone then calls Jeno.

After the third ring, Jeno answered the call.

["Nana? Hello! Do you miss me?"] He said, sounds teasing him and by the sound of his voice, he must be feeling good.

"Ugh. Good morning to you too." Jaemin said sarcastically and almost rolled his eyes but chuckled.

["Okay, so why did you call? I bet, you really miss me, don't you?"] 

Right, this guy has no shame at all. Always full of himself but maybe it's his charm. "Oh please. But hey, are you free today?" Jaemin asked shyly while poking a pillow beside him. He just hoped that Jeno wouldn't think of any stupid thoughts.

["Of course I am! Why?"] Oh.

"Come over. Do you know where I live right? My mom wants you to come here. I tried my best to tell her that you're busy but--" he couldn't continue on what he's going to say when the older suddenly cut him off.

["Who said I'm busy? Don't worry, I don't have any plans for today and the next day. I will come. Wait me there!"] He can sense that this one is now probably smiling ear to ear. "Okay, take care." he said before hanging up but with a smile on his face, Jaemin didn't even realize that his mom was standing in front of him while scanning his entire face. "Omo! Mom, you scared me!"